Recommended Food Substitutes

Options
callmegrace
callmegrace Posts: 34 Member
What kinds of foods do you eat now, as substitutes for something you might have eaten before you started the Biggest Loser contest?

For example, when I want to snack, I'll either drink some water or chew a piece of gum.

When I crave a cookie or chocolate bar, I like the Fiber One Chocolate Fudge Brownie (90 calories, 5g fiber). It's kind of dry, but packed with chocolate flavors.

Replies

• seifert24
    Options
    Instead of drinking pop I am drinking sparkling water.
  • ehlers54
    ehlers54 Posts: 1
    Options
    Special K protein bars make a great snack and Yoplait fat free yogurt has sooo many great flavors-it is a great substitute for dessert or snack!
  • callmegrace
    Options
    When I eat bread, it's Healthy Life brand (35 calories/slice), available in white or wheat.
  • callmegrace
    Options
    Tumaro's 95% fat-free, multi-grain Gourmet Tortillas - not tasty by themselves, but filled with ground turkey taco meat, cheese and lettuce, these are A-OK. A mere 60 calories & a whopping 7 grams of fiber per tortilla--wow. I'm going to try a breakfast burrito soon.
  • callmegrace
    Options
    New take on a grilled cheese sandwich: 1 Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedge + 3 slices Jenni-O Turkey Breast! Even with butter on the bread, it was less than 200 calories and tasted good.