Phase 1, Week 3 and 4

Options

Replies

• snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    As you get lighter you will burn less calories. I adjust my weight in my HRM every week when I weigh in so that it is as close to perfect as it can be.

The plank to crescent post was very hard for me because of my knees. So like a few of you I could only get a few done before it was over. The plank ups were ok for me and I actually had fun trying to do them fast when Jillian did her competition. Of course I was still slower than her, but it made me feel good to at least try.

My abs tend to be the strongest muscles in my body even though they are coated in a layer of fat right now...lol I didn't have any trouble with the sideways crunches, but in workout 4, the hollow man was kicking my booty.

I think the hardest part of these workouts for me is all the up and down off the floor. We have hardwood floors in our house and I only have one mat, so I am always trying to stay on the mat for the ups and downs and it is not always possible. I can't wait till next week when hopefully workout 3 & 4 will become easier. I like to feel accomplished during a workout, and not just feel like I am a fat blob that can barely make it trough. That said, I am still sore from my first workout 3 on Monday, which should make cardio 1 extra fun today :P
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think the weighted step ups near the middle of workout 4 should count as the cardio interval? lol. does anyone know what I'm talking about?
  • bewitched2
    Options
    I agree that Workout 3 and 4 are harder. She kicked my butt, that's for sure. I have really bad carpal tunnel in my right wrist and the yoga moves and constant push ups are killing me. Does anyone have any idea how to modify? Also, the down dog and that walk with your hands out and in (can't remember the name of the move) is making me super light headed and spacey (and it's not my blonde highlights just tickling my brain ha ha :tongue:) - does this improve over time?
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did wrkout 3 2day. 2mrw is wrkout 4. These wrkouts r killer. I can definately feel it. My arms are killin me
  • johnsoh85
    johnsoh85 Posts: 26
    Options
    Just did workout 3 for the first time today and WOW, she kicked my butt. After reading some of the posts on here about workout 3 still being on the easier side, I wasn't expecting to have trouble. But OMG, I had trouble doing several of the exercises. Mainly the plank up and down ones. I burned 424 calories today just doing workout 3 and I know I did not do all of the reps for each exercise. I can't wait to get to the end of next week where this one seems easy...lol

Workout 4 for the first time tomorrow....Yay!

Oh, and I should mention that I will be doing my measurements tomorrow, but I am already down 1 pant size in just the first two weeks! I can't believe it!

Are you doing the meal plan also?
  • snlperdue93
    Options
    Just did workout 3 for the first time today and WOW, she kicked my butt. After reading some of the posts on here about workout 3 still being on the easier side, I wasn't expecting to have trouble. But OMG, I had trouble doing several of the exercises. Mainly the plank up and down ones. I burned 424 calories today just doing workout 3 and I know I did not do all of the reps for each exercise. I can't wait to get to the end of next week where this one seems easy...lol

Workout 4 for the first time tomorrow....Yay!

Oh, and I should mention that I will be doing my measurements tomorrow, but I am already down 1 pant size in just the first two weeks! I can't believe it!

Are you doing the meal plan also?

No, I am not following the meal plan, but sticking to 1200 calories per day. I do not eat back my exercise calories and I drink 1 gallon of water per day. Lost 8 pounds and 6.5" in week 1 & 2 (1.5" in waist and 2" in hips - belly fat), so I can't wait to see what week 3 & 4 bring. Although I am at the end of week 3 and due to back pain today I am taking an extra day off. So tomorrow I will be doing workout 4 and then if I am feeling up to it I will toss in the Cardio 1.
  • purplebookworm
    purplebookworm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, just checking in. I started week 3 this week, but had to stop because according to my doctor I have the flu, even though I had a flu shot. Hopefully, I will be well on Monday and can just start week 3 over again. I really find Jillian to be so motivating with this series. I ended up pushing myself beyond what I normally do when I did workout 4 because she kept saying to do it. I felt so proud of myself! Of course, the next day I got sick and didn't realize how sick I was because I thought I was feeling muscle soreness, but it was also body aches from the flu. I really hope that when I restart I won't have lost the strength and endurance. I have built up.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My body media system only said I burned 200 calories on Workout 3 and 4. I must have not worked very hard. It sure felt like I was....I was coved with sweat during both workouts.

All I can say is THANK GOD tomorrow is Cardio day!! My Abs are killing me right now!!

I get so mad because my first time doing Workout 3, I burned like 278 and I did it for the last time yesterday and only burnt around 200. I'm working hard too and I sweat like crazy. I think we're just getting stronger and it's easier for our bodies now ;) Good job!
  • jillianfan317
    Options
    cardio 1 today end of wk 3 and b-day dinner tonite. Can't wait 2 go out 2nite and spend sumtime w/ my friends w/ wat happened this wk. It is weird not havin my gma around on my bday.
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Ok.I have not worked out for a week now.I went to my sons wedding and did not get back on track this week.So I will start Jillian Michaels Body revolution again tommorrow.I'm suppose to be going on phase 2 workout 5 and 6.But I will go back to doing workouts 3 and 4 again for this week because I missed those workouts all week.:smile:
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My body media system only said I burned 200 calories on Workout 3 and 4. I must have not worked very hard. It sure felt like I was....I was coved with sweat during both workouts.

All I can say is THANK GOD tomorrow is Cardio day!! My Abs are killing me right now!!

I get so mad because my first time doing Workout 3, I burned like 278 and I did it for the last time yesterday and only burnt around 200. I'm working hard too and I sweat like crazy. I think we're just getting stronger and it's easier for our bodies now ;) Good job!

I started week three today and I worked my butt off and only burned 169 calories. I was only burning around 115 on workouts 1 & 2. This 30 minute workout routine is not going to be enough for me, that is why I am going to continue to do evening workouts as well. I just purchased her new kickboxing DVD and plan to do that tonite. I also like to mix my cardio routines up and not do the same ones over and over.

I did enjoy workout 3, my arms were like jello when I finished......can't wait to do workout 4 tomorrow morning!!
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day of week 3 as well. Congrats to you for being so in shape because workout 3 kicked my bootie! I have not done a lot of Yoga in the past so I definitely had to pause and back it up a few times trying to get it right. The hardest move for me was the crab move of all things. I made it through though and am proud. :)

It also kicke my but day 1 for me... omg my arms feel like Jello! an i dont consider myself extreamly out of shape because i have been going to the gym for months but i have also not ever done yoga.. woohhh i hope tomorrow isnt any worse lol :) good luck to everyone
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Did my first day of workout 3 today! FUN! I love switching things up. Still not terribly hard IMO but it stepped up a notch from 1&2 and I know that in the coming weeks it's going to get a LOT harder. I'll be begging to go back to these beginning weeks.
    Tomorrow will be workout 4 and I'm really looking forward to it. I like knowing that I only have the same workouts for 2 weeks!! Now if only I could get rid of Cardio 1 already :)
  • jillianfan317
    Options
    completed wrkout 4 2day. I feel like I'm gainin strength and endurance in my wrkouts now.
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to start week 3 and 4 again next week.:smile:
  • snlperdue93
    Options
    I'm in the middle of week 4 this week and I have found that I had to up my weights again. I think this is going to continue for each set of two weeks. The first week of new workouts I have to use 5s and 8s, but by the 2nd week I have to up that to 8s and 10s. I guess we are all just getting stronger :)
  • jillianfan317
    Options
    Completed my wrkout 3 today. 2 more days left and I'm done can't wait to move onto phase 2
  • jillianfan317
    Options
    Just finished my last and final day of wrkout 4. 2mrw will be my last day of phase and cardio 1
  • jillianfan317
    Options
    just finished my last n final day of cardio 1 and did cardio kickbox as n extra wrkout. 2mrw is wgh n
  • snlperdue93
    Options
    I seem to have caught a stomach bug, so I skipped my last time of Workout 4 today. If I am feeling better tomorrow I will knock it out, otherwise I am starting Phase 2 on Monday. Can't wait.