Tired!

Options
Hello All!
I need your help. I need some ideas what I can do to beat this fatigue I'm feeling. I'm getting plenty of sleep and I'm exercising, but for some reason I am just plain tired and the need to nap is constantly. I'm not a huge red meat eater, and I'm planning on adding some spinach to my diet...any other ideas. Age related??? LOL!

Thanks!!!

Janet

Replies

• Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Iron deficiency? Please contact your doctor! This is not age related (as everything else seems to be).
  • dschavers
    dschavers Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Contact your doctor, please! This could be low iron, low vit D, low vit B, thyroid problem, etc. You need to have blood work done because most likely it is not your age, it is your body telling you something is wrong.
  • cdparmer
    cdparmer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree get your blood work checked, it could be your seriton levels, they drop in women over 40.
  • renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I agree get your blood work checked, it could be your seriton levels, they drop in women over 40.

I have been googling this and can't find any studies on it - just that serotonin levels fluctuate at menopause. Do you have a link?

Seems like there would be a lot of other reasons to be tired - she didn't say depressed or that she was suffering from insomnia or any of the many other symptoms of low serotonin levels.
  • Pseattlegirl
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I'll give the doctor a call for my yearly...It's about time.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    it sounds like thyroid, but it could be anything,, but i would start at the docs first,,,,