hello :)

Options
jenaissance
jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
hi all! I'm a crossfit noob, so be gentle :P I just started last week, a new crossfit box opened in town. I have some mobility issues, so for now I'm solely working one on one with a trainer, but I'll be joining the rest of the group in a week or two. I have to say, so far I'm in love. After only 3 days I'm already stronger (and feeling more confident) and for the first time in my life I look forward to working out! yay!

quick "about me":
33 years old, mom of 3, happily married, 5'8", 186lbs, herniated disc (hence the mobility probs.)

Replies

• DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard :wink:
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hang in there girl, I've got 2 herniated disks, an annular tear & sciatic nerve impingement; have had knee surgery 21 yrs ago in the Air Force; torn ligaments in ankle; R lateral tendon release/elbow surgery; & three MAJOR R shoulder surgeries! You can do this! Flexibility is key; luckily or not, I'm hyper mobile-the equivalent of what people tend to call double-jointed... For good or bad, that's me. Anyway, be smart; modify what you need to; and remember FORM BEFORE INTENSITY!!! Welcome to my world!!! PS: My injuries were NOT from CrossFit & my Doc is amazed at my strength considering my situation! CF love!!!

ME: 45/mom of 2 I gave birth to & 2 more that I raised-so 4 boys total! 5' 7" 181 happily divorced!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    thanks LisaCFSF! I'm all about form right now, improving every day. :) When I started 2 weeks ago I could only hold a plank for 6 seconds and now I'm at 30. And I've gone from barely being able to bend over to deadlifting a 20 lb ball. yay!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    welcome! its so addicting!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    welcome, you'll love it. Make sure your trainers know about your injuries - they'll know best how to correct your form for best performance.
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to introduce myself real quick, as I just joined the CF Love group....Hi...been doing CF for a couple of years (but you can't tell) and now working Starting Strength MWF and CF WOD's on Thursday's, with some cardio also on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I have loved CF since the first WOD..Cindy! No box near where I live, but I have rings in my garage, a couple of very large tires, and some cinder blocks I use for kettlebell swings....and a lot of WEIRD looks from neighbors, but I love it.
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been doing Crossfit for over a year and a half. I was a member at a box but for the last 3 weeks I've been going it alone. I have a Kettlebell and whatever tools are available to me at our park. I too get funny looks from people, TC_Crawpapa!
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to introduce myself real quick, as I just joined the CF Love group....Hi...been doing CF for a couple of years (but you can't tell) and now working Starting Strength MWF and CF WOD's on Thursday's, with some cardio also on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I have loved CF since the first WOD..Cindy! No box near where I live, but I have rings in my garage, a couple of very large tires, and some cinder blocks I use for kettlebell swings....and a lot of WEIRD looks from neighbors, but I love it.

Hey! Let me know how Starting Strength is going. I just got back from my gymnastics cert, and Coach Tucker has recommended me doing some of the stuff from starting strength with my coach here (he used to be with Pendlay and has worked with Rippetoe, so he knows his stuff) to build strength in my shoulders that a torn rotator cuff has seriously limited. I'm going on a pretty strict strength and gymnastics program for the next 12 wks, with metcons thrown in here and there. Hopefully by the end my shoulder will be ready to go full throttle again.