Introduce Yourself

Options
message_124.gif Created by Free Animations Co. UK
PLEASE READ!!!

Hi, my name is Linda and I am currently on the Atkins Diet and am looking to correspond with others who quest is to get healthy and to lose the weight. For exercise, I like to walk (just ordered the FITBIT), so that will keep me motivated to keep moving. I do incorporate the Wii Active and Active Plus as well as, Wii Sports to break up the monotony. Occasionally, I will do a little kettlebell workout and flexbands too.

Am willing to chat daily to discuss the ups and downs of our new way of eating, exchange products I've tried, recipes, etc. I am not a weekly weigher, but a monthly weigher as not to overwhelm myself or to discourage myself. Bottom line, accountability to help each other to stay on track and get to our goal of getting to "healthy

"Fitness Buddies" are two or more people who commit to helping each other reach consistent goals with friendly encouragement and regular contact. Why does a goal buddy help you get results? By offering accountability, motivation and consistency. Finding any old goal buddy isn't hard, but finding the right one may be a little tougher. But in this group, everyone who joined is everyone else's "fitness buddy." A motivating buddy supports and challenges. So make sure the person you're considering is just as committed and eager to succeed as you are. A good goal buddy will prevent you from falling off the wagon before you even start. Don’t expect one fitness buddy to be all things. Instead, enlist a diverse group of people who can share your various interests in small ways, whether swapping healthy recipes, exercising with enthusiasm, or confiding weight loss secrets. At the top of your priority list should be someone who has similar goals to yours.

Lastly, Not only will that keep you from relying too heavily on one resource, but it will expand your circle of friends and keep things fresh as well.

So if that is what you are looking for, looking forward to hearing from you.:flowerforyou:

Note: Once you have introduced yourself, please go to the current month, i.e, March 2012, April, 2012, etc. to chat with each other. Have a great low carb day.

Replies

• krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I am currently following the South Beach diet way of life. I have used it in the past with great success. I decided to start Phase 1 again to try and reach the 140's again for the first time in a while :smile: After the first two weeks, I will continue to incorporate the low carb lifestyle into my daily eating by making good carb choices and trying to stay below 60-70g a day (even 50 if I can!). I am pretty knowledgeable about what I can and cannot eat on this diet, but am always interested in recipe ideas!!! Hopefully we'll all have some things to share! :smile:
  • mochagabby05
    mochagabby05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm Sarah and I love following a low carb lifestyle! I started over a month ago and lost about 15 lbs, then I had a medical issue that sidetracked me. I am getting back on track and feel renewed in my quest to get fit and lose the weight! I have not used a support system, such as joining a group before, so I am looking forward to going this journey with others.
  • Darkladyv
    Darkladyv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HI there, my name is Vicky from Sheffield England. I have been on the Atkins diet for about 3 weeks now. I was very discouraged at first as I didn't lose any weight at all, but in this last week it has finally kick started and I have lost 4lb! Feeling great and I think looking slimmer but who knows?

My profile picture may give away why I want to lose weight. The pretty girl in the picture is my gf, and I was suspending at the time. Its an ancient tribal practise that gives you a physical, mental and spiritual high and allows you to see life with clear and unbias eyes. I am quite a spiritual person. The pain I experienced from that was out of this world, so my goal is to lose weight, have stretchier skin and suspend again without so much pain. Plus, I have a stunningly beautiful girl that I want to look amazing for.

My goal is to reach 150lb (10.5 stone in British terms) by the summer.

Its great to have other ladies around for support! :)
  • dutchjacky
    dutchjacky Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jacky and recently started to follow a low carb diet, feeling so much better already :). Looking for recipes and motivation which is hard to find when following low carb on the main boards. Last year I had major surgery, I had to have half of one of my kidneys removed and couldnt move or stand much because of the pain. I feel good now and can exercise which is great. I had reached over a 100 kilos in weight and am now down to 82 kilos which is sometimes hard for me to see, and am looking forward to reaching my goal of 68 kilos. I live in holland which sometimes makes is hard to find products so I have to make things myself, no low carb goodies to buy in the stores. I dont have a sweet tooth but love my savoury stuff.

If you would like to know anything just ask :).
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm Sara and I live on the Isle of Wight (UK). I'm 43 years old and have been with MFP since mid January. I lost 7 stone between 2002 and 2004 (just in time for our wedding!) and managed to keep it off for a couple of years. Then I suffered from a series of injuries, including an Achilles tendon rupture in 2007 (which is still giving me trouble) and snapped ligaments in the other ankle in 2009, also ongoing. In fact I had surgery again just two weeks ago. Becuase most of my injuries are ankle related, I was seriously limited to exercise, I couldn't walk more than 200yds without being in agony and I couldn't even swim. It wasn't long before I started to gain the weight back, and by Oct 2010 I had put it all back on, with another stone on top. About 15 months ago I started the new Atkins plan and lost 2 stone in 5 months, then had surgery on my achilles, followed by plaster casts, aircast boot and months of physio during which I gained half a stone back. I was able to start exercising again at the beginning of this year, and I joined MFP and since then have lost 17lbs against a daily goal of 1300 net cals.
    Having been reading lots in the forums, I realise this is way too low, so I've taken the decision today to eat more and to try and increase my lean muscle whilst losing fat at the same time hopefully!
  • Susanxxxx
    Susanxxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Susan, I've been doing atkins a while but have gotten sloppy and i'm trying to get my mojo back and lose the last stone. Got naughty and havent been exercising as much but i am raring to go now and cannot wait to blast this fat xxxxxxxxxx
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Bailey. I did Atkins and lost 30 pounds a few months back, went off, gained a little back, felt awful and decided it's time to get back to feeling great, and that means low carb-in it again!
    I am on day 2. For 2 weeks I'm doing shakes for breakfast and lunch and eating an atkins dinner, then going to shakes for breakfast and atkins lunch and dinner.
    I'm feeling great, and suprisingly, I am NOT hungry until dinnertime! I feel great! I'm so glad to have found this group. So many people look down on low carb diets. I KNOW that carbs are the devil, but feel like I can't tell people that :)
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Hello All:

Hoping that we all can get together in the March 2012 blog and exchange ideas, successes and our failures so that we can motivate and be motivated.
  • mariuch11
    mariuch11 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi

Not sure where to start. I’m 41, a stay at home mom, have 5 kids ages 21, 18, 15, 6 & 2, I have 150 pounds to lose and my diet is my version of Atkins with a few things from some others and it was approved by my doctor. There is way too much to write about how and why I gained weight which you can read in my blogs. But the jist is that I was always skinny until I got pregnant and gained way too much and I had a hard time losing the weight, had an unsupportive husband and parents. I am now divorced and dis owned by my family. I have a fiancé of 8 years, he wants to be married but I have delayed it. He has some relationship issues that stem from his past which causes me stress and he’s not very supportive of anything I do…I know I could do better, but there are reasons I stay. My doctor has determined that my additional weight gain over the years is due to stress…not stress eating...I could go a week without eating and still gain weight. Other than a slightly higher blood pressure according to her I am the healthiest obese patient she ever had in fact she said I am healthier than most of her female patients my age who are skinny. As she said I am “skinny inside but not outside”…hmmm I guess there really is a skinny person inside me trying to get out…lol. I guess I also prove that old saying “you can’t judge a book by its cover”.

I have tried just about every diet, slim fast worked once but I didn’t lose as much as I would have liked but in later years did Aitkin’s and that worked really well for me but I did not exercise enough and did not do the right exercise program last time which was about 8 years ago so I didn’t “look” like I lost (more info in blog). I sorta let the stress take a hold of me and I gave up for a while but I guess I had an epiphany of sorts recently and I am going to make this work this time!!!

I am 264 as of my last weigh in, I have been here for 4 weeks and I gained 2 pounds at my first weigh in then lost 7 on my second and 5 on my third. Today is actually my weigh day but I haven’t done it yet. I love the friends I have made here so far and the support is amazing and what I needed. My goal when I started here 4 weeks ago was to lose 150 pounds which would bring me to 120 pounds. I was 90 pounds and a size 0 before I I got married and filled out to 115 pounds and a size 2-3 after I got married so of course I would LOVE to be able to fit in my jeans from then (yes I saved my favorite pieces of clothing from then) but I know that is un realistic…I think.

Well I guess that’s the jist if you want to know more read my blog and be my friend and we can message each other and support each other on this journey.

18823059.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Zelma30
    Zelma30 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All.

I am Zelma and I am from Birmingham (UK).

This is my first time on a low carb diet and I started on Sunday. I am following the Atkins diet so am currently doing the induction. I cut out bread, pasta and potatoes a few weeks ago to see if I could manage and it wasn't a problem so that gave me the confidence to just go for it. I am new to MFP too and would love some low carb friends so please feel free to add me.

Zx
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Pam, 47, insulin dependent type 2 diabetic. Had heart attack 5 years ago. So.....here I am once again losing the weight - right after my heart attack I lost 30 quickly and then blah blah I gained it back. Lost 30 again in '09 and blah blah here I sit. Believe me I am taking this serious. The blahs are too long to explain. I am currently reading the Atkins book and have already tried a low carb diet, but low fat. This one makes sense to me. My cardiologist ok's this. So, I am looking for some friends to help keep me going and I will also be encouraging to others. i usually do walking on my treadmill or the wii 6 week challenge. Also gonna look for Richrad Simmons videos - I just love those. Mix it up a little. I have about 73 more pounds to lose to be at a weight that is pretty close to what would be healthy. I will fine tune when I get there. Lost 8 so far. So glad I found a group that does low carb. Too many poo poo it. Don't need that negativity.

So here I go.......:wink:
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Welcome Mariach, susanxxx, Zelma and Pamela:

All of you will do well on this site as long as you keep checking in. My suggestion to youall are to take it one meal at a time and one day at a time. If you fall off track on one meal, get back on track at the very next meal.

I am excited that you are all excited about getting healthier. Tips for you all are:

If you don't like water, squeeze a little lemon juice in it. Has many health benefits.
    Take a good multi-vitamin and Omega 3 oil
    Get some measuring cups, spoons and an inexpensive food scale to weigh your portion of protein.
    If you love chocolate, you will love the Atkins shakes, which also come in vanilla and strawberry.

Don't become a slave to the scale. As long as you know you are true to this way of eating, the weight will come off, moreso...you will lose inches even faster. So take your measurements and get ready for a brand new you.

Remember that perfection has no place in a weight loss plan. When you do make a mistake or feel like you're not making enough progress, don't give up. Change requires time and old habits die hard. When you feel yourself ready to give up, reach out for some support, and don't wait until next week or next month to get back on the wagon. I want to see everyone interact with everyday as we are all in this together.

To Everybody else: How is it going for you today? Hope to hear from you all soon.
  • Broken420
    Broken420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!! Good luck on your adventure of low carb living! I too am relatively new to this, but the peeps here are SO helpful and supportive. I lost 6.6lbs my first week. I weigh in only once weekly and tomorrow is the big day. I'm not expecting much thanks to Mother Nature **sigh** , but next week is another week towards my goal ;-) As usual I am always looking for new low carb buddies so please add me!! ~~Candi

17624664.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amber. I just joined this group, and it's actually the first group I have joined.
    Here's a little about me.
    -I've been on MFP on and off since 2009.
    -I live in TN
    -Married
    -3 kids
    -I have gotten UP TO 60 lbs lost from my highest non pregnant weight, but gain and lose the same 30 lbs. By both counting calories, low fat and high fat low carb.
    -I JUST got back on the wagon on Saturday.
    -I call myself a paleo-primal-atkins-er. I try to follow paleo by eating clean/whole foods with lots of fat, but I do atkins when I go out to eat. I do NOT eat atkins "food" or shakes, but to each their own. :) I also cannot afford orgainic/grassfed meats, but THIS is alot better than the way I used to eat.
    -My diary is open
    -I love MFP friends.
    -anything I might of missed, just ask. :) I hope I'm welcome here even if I'm not on atkins.
  • Knowledge228
    Options
    Hello! My name is Heather. I have two beautiful children and I am trying to lose my baby weight and get healthy again. I have lost a total of 12 lbs since the beginning of this and 7 1/2 inches. I am happy thus far. I was following a low cal, low fat diet to begin with , but I was hungry all the time! I decided to give low carb a try, again. I have done it before and it worked well, but I stopped. I am actually finding it easier to follow this diet than the low cal/low fat.
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Welcome Heather and Amber:

Look forward to chatting with you both. Amber I am not too familiar with the Paelo Diet, rule wise -- so I won't be so much help to y you, but maybe another member has some knowledge.

Anyway, welcome and remember to take it one meal at a time.

Linda
  • RJ54
    RJ54 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello, I'm Rj. Live in Florida and have gotten old (62) and FAT. tried low carb a few years ago and loved it. got talked into eating "healthy" and gained 40 pounds. so, here I am again. Love to share recipes and ideas. It's nice to meet you all.
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome back RJ!:smile:
  • RJ54
    RJ54 Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks!! can't believe it's been so long. time goes so fast now.
  • IslandJade22
    Options
    Hello all! I just recently joined this group, but I have been on MFP for three weeks now. I was on Atkin's a year ago for three months and lost about 25lbs, so I know that Atkin's works. That being said, I am back on a low carb diet :-) I'm excited to see results again, as I have been a little frustrated with my weight loss over the last couple of months. Today is day one of low carb living. We'll see how it goes. Can't wait to learn from all of you and give/receive support. Have a great day, everyone!