NEW MEMBER!

Options
I see we have a new member. Let me know who you are. I'm the Moderator of the Seniors Losing Weight Group & I like to keep track of people that are new or who haven't logged in for awhile. Like to cheer members on when they lose some weight or are down cause they haven't lost weight. :smile:

Say hi & tell me a little about yourself unless you filled out a profile.

Thanks,

Judy AKA CrochetBug65

Replies

• Holly302
    Holly302 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Still trying to figure out where to post, but I will try. I am a retired female ( husb retired too) who has been heavy most of my life. I lost weight about 5 yrs ago....a lot. Over 100 lbs. Now I am finding it harder and harder to keep it off. I know journals help keep track , so I am trying MFP for that. I really like this site. I read the groups and learn a lot from them....especially that I am not alone. I am a "flower garden" person, can't wait til it is warm enough to get out there. Otherwise I paint or re-arrange things, drive my husband crazy coming up with new projects.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Welcome Holly!
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello to all. I am new to the group so here is a little description of myself.:flowerforyou:

I am from Canada Province of Quebec..retired from Bell Canada a telephone company ....I am 64 years old retired and doing all of this to loose more weight. I have in the last year and a half lost 30 pounds, but I seem to be on a plateau now for such a long time. I am also a Nanny to my husbands 2 grandsons they are 5 and 3. I am Mom to 2 adults Carole 44 and Rocky 40 who have a mental disability, they are very functional and doing real well. I also love love to play golf, for us in Canada we should be playing soon our snow is practically all melted. I am looking forward to reading all of your posts, like another new mwmber I am still learning to get around here :blushing:
  • shapcomp
    shapcomp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think I am a new member too! I am from Upstate New York. Retired educator, 61 years old, and very active! My husband and I love to travel, and we also are avid bikers (the pedaling kind!) I've lost 11+ pounds since last year, and I am about 15 to 20 pounds over my ideal weight. I have been successful with Weight Watchers in the past, but I have not done well with points and decided to try My Fitness Pal. Love the accountability, but need some buddies who are close to my age and have suggestions to deal with my extremely slow weight loss! Of course, it doesn't help that counting calories while on vacation is tricky! My husband and I are heading out for a bike ride in this beautiful weather right now, but I look forward to reading the posts!
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Stroker96 is a new member. Feel free to add her and welcome her.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    WHERE IS CROCHETBUG65? Hope she is ok. She is the moderator of the Seniors Losing Weight.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I sent her a message and asked to be friends but have not had any answers to my request yet:flowerforyou:
  • shapcomp
    shapcomp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome Holly! I am also retired! Have you figured this out yet? I am still trying, but I did email people to ask to friend them. Now I need to figure out if I need to invite them.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Think so, sometimes one may not even go to the message boards. WELCOME LADY..Diane
  • nannabannana
    Options
    You can just invite who you would like as your friend. Crochetbug65 is the Moderator. She has not logged on for a few days. It is unusual for her not to. Hope and Pray she is ok. I will be happy to chit chat...I need all the motivation and support I can get..I am sure everyone will be happy to friend you.
  • issyfit
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new members here.
  • cindydownes
    cindydownes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I joined MyFitness Pal on Wednesday. I've been - on a diet merry-go-round for 20 years. Gain-lose-gain more-lose - gain even more. The last time I lost 60 pounds on WeightWatchers, but then I started gaining it back. I've gained back 20, but not motivated with WW anymore. So, I thought I'd try something different.
  • issyfit
    Options
    Welcome Cindy, we have a nice group of seniors here.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm turning 62 in August. My first husband past away 15 years ago this August. I married again four years later. I have two daughters and two step-sons, inlaws for all for and eight grandchildren. I love to travel, be w/grandchildren, garden, pool, walk for exercise, and am active in my church. I need to lose 40 lbs. This week will be my third weigh in. The first week I gained two lbs-bummed about that, but stuck to the program, kept my calories @1,200, lots of fluids, and exercised, lost three lbs. Hoping the scale goes down some more this week. Thanks for getting back to me. Hoping for support from this site.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Welcome CINDY....Just hit us up as friends too. I have many young ladies..kinda like my Grandaughters to me. Anyone can join!
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Hi there! I'm turning 62 in August. My first husband past away 15 years ago this August. I married again four years later. I have two daughters and two step-sons, inlaws for all for and eight grandchildren. I love to travel, be w/grandchildren, garden, pool, walk for exercise, and am active in my church. I need to lose 40 lbs. This week will be my third weigh in. The first week I gained two lbs-bummed about that, but stuck to the program, kept my calories @1,200, lots of fluids, and exercised, lost three lbs. Hoping the scale goes down some more this week. Thanks for getting back to me. Hoping for support from this site.

And you can hit any of us up to be your friend as well. :)
  • lamadre1
    lamadre1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to this site and have really been serious about tracking my food and exercise on MFP for the last month with good results. I'm newly retired from teaching.My first goal is to get back in shape by getting rid of at least 40 pounds, but 50 would be OK too. I really love this site. I've said this before, but this is the last time I want to have to take off lots of weight, it's going to take awhile, but as long as I'm going down just a little each week I'll be happy. Now that I have a little more time I'm beginning to see how my busy stressful life before retirement left me too tired to even think about getting serious about my health. So here goes, I would love to hear from some of you. Just from the posts I've read I have lots in common with most of you! Chris (lamadre1)

PS Was proud of myself... had a very stressful 4th of July week lots to deal with that wasn't predicted or fun, but I made it through without going over on my calories thanks to MFP. Now just have to add my exercise back in.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    Welcome to our group! Most are mature ladies, who love to give and receive support, encouragemenet and motivation to all.
    Hope you like us! You can add as a friend anyone you desire. :)