Overate today!

Options
I was absolutely exhausted today. After I had a nap I was craving sugar! I don't know if it's because I haven't been eating my total carbs allowed or if it is because I have been below my calorie amount everyday. I am a runner although an overweight one, and I ran an LSD yesterday.

I find that I haven't been able to eat my total calorie amount each day and I have not been hungry.

I feel really defeated today seeing the numbers. I can't believe that I gave in and overate by an entire day's worth of calories, that's a day with exercise (1500). I am almost at 3000 calories for today. Seeing it makes me really upset and disappointed in myself. I hope that I haven't reversed all of the good that I have done. I have lost 0.5lbs/day in the last 5 days. I presume this overeating is a result of this but I cannot justify it. I am angry and disappointed.

I know that tomorrow is a new day but for today I feel awful!

Replies

• mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Try averaging it out for the week you'll feel a lot better. I always try to stick to the plan but some days you go over. And some days I go under. As long as it averages out (my target is 1,500 per day) then you're doing fine.

Tomorrow is a new day and you can make healthier choices then.

0.5 a day is a lot for people our size. Recommended healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. Don't beat yourself up, your body might have just needed calories!
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat this week! I ate way more than my allotment and didn't exercise. Yuck! Now so much to make up for every other day this week :(
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    Thats ok. It all comes out in the wash. Last week I ended up only 17 calories over. It's not such a big deal and I still lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks, which is AWESOME!

In the past 3 days I have doubled my calories intake twice. I think that Monays are the worst days for me because I have a long slow distance run on Sundays and I think the calories catch up on Monday. I have to figure out what to eat on Sundays after my run so that I am not starving on mondays. I think this overeating thing this week is from being under my calories on most days. I will have to work harder to eat all of my calories the rest of the week.

I think of it this way. I would have over eaten before I started tracking my calories and running consistently however I wouldn't have felt so terrible about it. At least now I am aware and I can always do better tomorrow.

You are aware of the fact that this week has been crappy but you would have had many more crappy weeks before you tracked your food and exercise. Things are going to happen once in a while.