Pizza Crust?

Options
seguess
seguess Posts: 36 Member
Hi,

I like to make homemade veggie pizza. The problem is coming up with a decent crust that isn't carb/calorie overload. That's where all the trouble is. Do you have any suggestions about brands or ideas about what might be a healthy pizza crust?

Thanks,
Suzanne

Replies

• Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Boboli Thin Crust Pizza Crust is 140 calories. If you want to cut 40 calories off try the 100 calorie english muffins and doctor them up. It's like having your own mini pizza's!

P.S. They also make Whole Wheat thin Pizza Crust and that's only 120 calories!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I love to use a whole wheat pita as a crust. Just put it in the oven for a few minutes to crisp it up a little bit, then put your sauce and toppings on and put it back in the oven for a few minutes. It's really good!
  • happy_hillery
    Options
    Me too!
  • JForsythe0970
    Options
    I use Weight Watchers wheat pitas or Weight Watchers bagels. I made the bagel one this week. It was delicious!
    Jo
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a big deal for my family. We're Italian - Dad was born in Italy and we spent every summer there when I was gorwing up... Plus Dad was a Baker so he used to bring home his own dough whenever we wanted pizza.

I invested in a Cuisinart Bread Machine. It has a Pizza setting which makes the dough but doesn't bake it. It's great because I throw in the ingredients, set it and then get the other components ready while it makes my dough. No fuss, no muss.

I usually use Semolina Flour for my dough but I have also used a combinations of Semolina with Whole Wheat, Rye, or Flax Flour. I try to stay away from white flour and find that the Semolina works just as well for most of my recipes. If you have the time, I highly recommend the bread machine. It has saved me a lot of work and I don't feel like I'm compromising my crust.