How to get fit while we knit

Options
ThisisMiss
ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
So I thought it'd be fun if we could collectively come up with ways we could incorporate getting in shape while we are knitting/crocheting/what have you.

For example:

People who are really coordinated and good at multitasking (not me!) could maybe do squats while they knit!
Or we could knit while on the treadmill. lol

Replies

• itreycee
    Options
    You could use an elliptical or cycle while you knit!
  • rjrober
    Options
    I've thought about sitting on the larger exercise ball I have while watching tv. The constant need to keep steady is good for the abs and back. It supposedly will use more calories than sitting on the couch. I bet I could knit at the same time.

Most other fitness and me knitting would end in either tangles or tears or more likely both.

:)

Ruthanne
  • itreycee
    Options
    That actually sounds do-able...I might try it!!
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I put my yarn in a shoulder bag and knit while walking. As long as its rather simple pattern and not too heavy, this works great for me.
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I put my yarn in a shoulder bag and knit while walking. As long as its rather simple pattern and not too heavy, this works great for me.

I can only do that on a treadmill. I once tried to read a short note while walking and ran into a parked car!
    I've thought about sitting on the larger exercise ball I have while watching tv. The constant need to keep steady is good for the abs and back. It supposedly will use more calories than sitting on the couch. I bet I could knit at the same time.

That's a really good idea actually... I may try that because I can also pump at the same time (talk about multitasking!)
  • rbfletcher
    Options
    I tried walking and knitting once, dropped a stitch and couldn't find it bc the pattern was so intricate that I never tried again. Had to frog the scarf too. :(
  • heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Kegles! ;)