Day 1

Options
13»

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is finished! I used 5lb weights and followed Natalie at most times. I still only ended up with 112cal burn, is that normal? What is everyone else cal burn at?
  • marbly
    marbly Posts: 103
    Options
    Day 1 done. Wow, my arms are tired and I could not do the exercise with the side legs out and arms up towards eye-level with the weights completely. I used 5lb weights in each hand. It was hard!

Cocolo89, I did not use my HRM but I'm guessing the cal burn would have been no more than 100 to 120.
  • Crys717
    Crys717 Posts: 5
    Options
    I finished it, but goodness gracious my knees are killing me (probably because I can't do a real pushup!) I probably won't be doing most of my workouts until at night or during my twins nap time, just depends on the day, but I'm going to keep at it for sure!
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Will be doing DAY 1 tonight. Wish me luck ladies...
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Day 1, level 1, complete! How much other exercising does everyone plan on doing?

I plan on add 1/2 hour of walking, yoga or biking to it.
  • mxcatala
    mxcatala Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday (3/19)I had a hard time doing since I can't do push ups if mylife depends on it but I still try. I am using 8 pounds dumbbells and I find It a little heavy vutbhopingnto just get better with it. Did anyone else struggle a little the first day
  • AprilPayne24
    Options
    Day 1 was tough but surprisingly, I am not sore this morning. Maybe I need to step up my intensity. I am already using 5 lb weights. Some moves were definitely harder than others. The side lunge with the arms being raised was really hard for me. And push ups are my weakest link for sure. Hopefully, today I will have a great burn! Looking forward to it.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group! I decided last week I was going to start it on the 19th. I had a crazy day and finally did it last night around 9 pm. Wow! My 13 year old did it with me. She dances and is in far better shape than me but she even struggled through it. Hoping to trim some major inches off my body!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done! On to day 2!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    @cocolo89
    That sounds low to me. I know that I tend to burn more than most for some reason, but I would think that you would burn around 300 cals. I burned 485 yesterday but I don't rest in between sets, I do jumping jacks and then I do 500 jumping jacks at the end. Were you wearing an HRM? I had a really low cal count doing 30DS one day but it turns out that my HRM was twisted so it wasn't reading accurately. Maybe you'll notice a difference today. x
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Jennarandhaye- that was some amazing results! And your whole journey is totally inspiring. Amazing. So glad you are going to be doing this with us! 29 days to go.

I'm just going to click on that link of yours whenever I'm feeling unmotivated to do the DVD!

Awwww, thanks! I can't say that I'm totally looking forward to it but I always feel so good physically and mentally when I'm done. I'm glad I can be a motivation to someone else. Now I get to think about my reward when I get to the end...a new dress maybe! x
  • mountaingirl222
    Options
    Am I too late to join? I did my first day of the 30 day shred yesterday :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    @cocolo89
    That sounds low to me. I know that I tend to burn more than most for some reason, but I would think that you would burn around 300 cals. I burned 485 yesterday but I don't rest in between sets, I do jumping jacks and then I do 500 jumping jacks at the end. Were you wearing an HRM? I had a really low cal count doing 30DS one day but it turns out that my HRM was twisted so it wasn't reading accurately. Maybe you'll notice a difference today. x

Ya I was wearing an HRM. I'll have to wait and see how I do today and double check it :)) I have a polar FT4, so I hope its accurate. 485cal sounds like an AMAZING burn. I doubt I'll burn more than 200.
  • Kdowd74
    Kdowd74 Posts: 3
    Options
    Sorry... I am behind you guys by a couple of days. I will be starting my 30 Day Shred tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. I will take before pictures tonight and post both before/after when the 30 days is done. My starting weight as of today is 146 (naked) 152 (clothed) goal weight will be 135 (clothed). Total goal weight 125 (clothed) Goal date May 1, 2012.
  • Kateraptor
    Options
    I started 1 day late :x but im glad I started! I was on the fence about this for a long time, but I had a blast! I don't think Jillian is too tough. She's very motivating to me. Good luck all! I have before pics and I'll take day 15 pics and 30 day too. :flowerforyou:
  • shaymo10
    shaymo10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am pleased to say that I have completed Day 1 of 30 DS. It was brutal, but I did not give up. I am super-proud of myself, and I can't wait till tomorrow. Believing that it will get easier over time.