Paleo Meal Plans

Options
MrsAbles
MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
Has anyone here signed up for Chris Kresser's customized Paleo recipes and meal plans? (Or any other Paleo meal plans?)

Replies

• Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just j bought Chris Kresser's Personal Paleo Plan. I haven't had a ton of time yet to go through everything but there is a lot of info. So far, a lot of it is stuff I already found on Whole 30, but it helps to reinforce. The Paleo community gives so much info out for free I almost felt stupid paying for info, but I like Chris Kresser and wanted to support him. There is a money back guarantee so I can always get my money back.

The Meal Generator, which is extra, is nice. I just created a week based on and Whole 30 + autoimmune. NIce menu ideas. Again, haven't tried the recipes yet but the application is nice.

I will update you as I use it.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I am curious too, I looked it up and the meal generator looks awesome. If it works good $10/month is no big deal but my question is do they give you a member website with account details because it says you can cancel at anytime so if you wanted to cancel how do you do that? Might look into it.
  • Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I first signed up I got a lot of follow-up e-mails from the site giving me links and directions. Right now you can get a 15 day free trial of the menu generator... you have to give your credit card info because they will start charging you if you do not cancel at the end of the 15 days, but just mark your calendar. It does not seem like it will be difficult to get out of.

I really like the meal generator - you pick the protocol you are following or customize... then you can do a meal at a time, a day at a time or a week. I did the week and the electronic result has links to recipes. Very handy. Now I just have to make some!
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Paying for recipes? O.o
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Paying for recipes? O.o

My thoughts exactly.

Here this is FREE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AniYCSPeVfKFdExNUE1xWFctV2V1YVFGSW13eHl0Vnc#gid=1
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding, Laura. I look forward to your updates.

Thanks for those links, Rebecca. Those could be helpful.

I hear what you’re saying, MonkeyDharma. (And I already bought a Paleo cookbook!) I guess what I was hoping for, at least as I start this journey, was someone to say: have this for breakfast, that for lunch and the other for dinner, and tomorrow try this, and the next day that and so on. A menu planned out for the week with a shopping list attached.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Fair enough. :)

I guess I had a similar plan when I started; it was in the book I bought, 'Diet Evolution'. Online assistance isn't any different...
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I recommend checking out www.paleoonabudget.com

They post weekly shopping lists and meal plans I believe.
  • njdoll
    njdoll Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Paying for recipes? O.o

I do it all the time. I have a shelf of cookbooks.
    I also get half or more of my recipes I use online and those are free.

And if anyone is interested Primal Toad's smoothie e-book is pretty good. He occasionally offers discounts...recently $7 over St Patrick's Day. I have no qualms in supporting someone sharing their expertise. There is plenty of freemium out there for those who don't want to/can't afford to.