• MariankaZasranka
    Options
  • MariankaZasranka
    Options
    kdolfi7, we are twins!!

Start Weight: 151.6
    Goal Weight: 135
    Wedding Date: October 2012

My mom is a seamstress, so we are designing and making my dress (sketch to come soon!). I am her only daughter though, so we thought it might be fun to do the whole trying-on-dresses thing. So on Jan 17th, my mom, fiance, brother, and sis-in-law are headed to a super swanky (waaaaay out of my price range) salon to try on dresses. It might be fun? Maybe? Not sure? Definitely going to need some Spanxx! Sample sizes are ridiculous!

Omg I totally know what you mean. I bought my dress at a small and very snotty boutique and all the dresses were size 0-4 :( made me feel so big. Seriously, probably 10% of the population wears sizes 0-4. I still found a dress I love, I just hope it looks good on me when it comes in (7 sizes bigger then what I tried on lol)

Good luck to you. Just try to have fun with it!!!
  • captiva0513
    Options
    I am so excited about this group!

Start weight: 180
    Current weight: 175
    Goal weight: 145

Wedding day: June 30, 2012

So many times in the past several years I have thought: "Now I have 3 months to lose x pounds by x date for [insert big event]." Next thing I knew said big event was around the corner and I still had my back rolls. I refuse to let this happen for the wedding! I am bound and determined to get there at a healthy pace. My friend at work got me to join this site so I don't have any other "friends" yet and would love to get to know more people to help support each other at such exciting times!

YAYYY ladies! We can do this. :)
  • kdolfi7
    kdolfi7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    kdolfi7, we are twins!!

Start Weight: 151.6
    Goal Weight: 135
    Wedding Date: October 2012

My mom is a seamstress, so we are designing and making my dress (sketch to come soon!). I am her only daughter though, so we thought it might be fun to do the whole trying-on-dresses thing. So on Jan 17th, my mom, fiance, brother, and sis-in-law are headed to a super swanky (waaaaay out of my price range) salon to try on dresses. It might be fun? Maybe? Not sure? Definitely going to need some Spanxx! Sample sizes are ridiculous!

yay!

So, I have no idea what dress size I am, I want to go dress shopping mid-February though. My fiance's sister is getting married in April and when she went to get her dress the lady asked about dieting and said in her experience about 20 lbs is a dress size. I thought that was interesting.
  • wantthistowork
    Options
    What a roller coaster this has been. I can't seem to stick with a regimen! I am so good for a week or two and then I blow it and find it really hard to jump back into counting calories and working out like crazy. I "worked out" tonight but really I just walked uphill on the treadmill for 33 minutes at a 4.0 pace, using weights the entire time. Then I got bored....and the treadmill said I only burned about 200 calories. So, what did I do, I wound up eating way too many carbs when I got home! I am so angry at myself and can't seem to stay 100% focused-I tend to crave sweets. Anyone who has a good remedy for stopping this vicious cycle please let me know!

On a side note, I received a message from someone on here, I think, and accidentally deleted it. I checked it on my phone email and also didn't get to read it, so if you read this (whomever you are!) I apologize for not responding-feel free to email again.

Thanks!
  • dizzyblondegirlie
    Options
    start weight : 191
    current weight : 184
    goal weight : 140
    wedding date: 10.08.13

Quite a while before the big day but don't want to have to rush the diet weeks before. Started trying on dresses but my heart wasn't in it because I knew it wasn't what I wanted to look like. Going to wait a while til I try any more on.
  • raleigh08
    Options
    Yay wedding!

Height: 5'4''
    Starting weight: 140
    CW: 139
    Goal: 125, also, muscle!
    Date: June 15, 2013!

So a long way off but super excited to see y'all's dresses and everyone's progress! This is only day three for me on here and I can already tell writing all the calories down is going to really help me. Just have to stick to it!
  • Rydell86
    Rydell86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Start weight : 104kg
    Currect weight : 107kg - I had a really bad holiday season
    Goal weight : 65kg
    Wedding : April 6 2013
    First Dress fitting : Going looking in June 2012

I tried on a couple of dresses while I was on holiday and while it was kind of amazing the whole 'wow, this thing is getting real' it did make me realise how much weight I have to lose before I look properly. My main problem is a lack of motivation and willpower to eat properly and exercise all the time. So once I get those under control, I should do better.
  • erinpickering12
    erinpickering12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Here's where I'm at:

Start weight : 259
    Currect weight : 255
    Goal weight :195
    Wedding : July 1st, 2012
    Bridal Photoshoot: April 15th, 2012
    Final Fitting: May 30th, 2012

Hoping to lose 60 pounds, but would be happy with 40-50 pounds lost. I know this is a lot to lose in 103 days - but I am willing to do anything and everything - so suggestions would be highly appreciated! I know it will be hard work - but I'm sure there's a healthy way to do it. Any suggestions?
  • ind5p
    ind5p Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here i go:

Start Weight: 181
    Current Weight: 175
    Goal Weight: 165
    Wedding: May 26,2012
    Bridal Shoot: April 27, 2012

I hope to lost about 10lbs. Im hoping this is possbly between now and May...I just have to be very disciplined. As far as dieting...im doing well..I just need to step up to workouts a bit. I walk 1-2 miles 4 days a week...Any suggestions?

And congrats to everyone!
  • dominiquerochefort
    dominiquerochefort Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI all,
    Im just starting

Start weight:262( Yikes!)
    Current weight: 262
    Goal weight for wedding:200
    Total Goal weight:180

Wedding : June 2013 My dress is being custom made, because with my body shape and height it is quite hard to find a dress that i like.
  • ladyleisch32
    Options
    Just starting

Current Weight: 165
    Starting Weight: 165
    Goal Weight: 130

Wedding Date: August 4, 2012

Honeymoon Date ( where it really counts): August 12, 2012
  • MrsDouglas2U
    MrsDouglas2U Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    well you've come to the right place! Stay focused, I know I struggle on the weekends! Think of the big picture in the end!
  • MrsDouglas2U
    MrsDouglas2U Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 204.6
    Current weight 198.2
    Goal weight 170

Destination wedding date: june 2013

Once I reach my goal weight, then I'll determine if i want to be smaller. I like my curves, not my waves. LOL :)
  • hjgioia
    hjgioia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 225
    Current weight: 217.8
    Goal Wedding weight: 185
    Goal Weight in general: 140
    Wedding: July 3rd, 2012 - 8 weeks!

Dress: I was a size 10 (155lb) about 2 years ago and bought a size 12 dress. Whoops! I can get into it at weight 185 with a corset- and it is BEAUTIFUL!

So excited for my wedding, but so NOT excited if my amazing dress doesn't fit.