Round 2 Week 3!!

Options
Is it just me or is this round flying by?! What is everyones plan after this round is over? I am definitely going to keep using the xtreme videos but I am still not decided if I will follow the challenge again or not....need to start training for the 5k and 10k so there may not be enough time every day to fit in a video. HMMM.

Replies

• LynneWyre
    LynneWyre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I have not even been following this routine to the tee - sometimes throwing in my treadmill workouts
    instead. I do like having something just lined up though because I have a tendency to flounder about if someone
    isn't literally telling me what to do! I miss my core power yoga though. I have not been able to go while doing this
    because there just isn't enough time. So I think I'm going to mix it up and maybe get back to yoga. I've lost a lot of
    flexibility that yoga gives me. BUT - we have to keep the facebook page alive. I think everyone should still post
    their workouts!
  • jpowers70
    jpowers70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to continue...at this point, I'm within a couple of pounds of my target weight and am really happy with the results but I want to keep working on establishing my "new" habits. I'm prone to sleeping in and finding all kinds of reasons not to workout so sticking to the schedule will help me stay accountable. Also, I need to continue tracking my meals here on mfp because I still need to work on my food intake...portion control, etc.
  • LynneWyre
    Options
    I had met my first goal that I set during the first rotation. I added a new goal and I haven't checked my weight yet to see if I have met that, but I'm with you. I have to keep up or I can be a slacker! And tracking my food on mfp is a huge help. I eat so much better. I think if someone did this and didn't even exercise they would still see weight loss - it's amazing. I have a lot of toning to do as well, primarily in the middle section and in the upper thighs.
  • nutsy33
    nutsy33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I probably will do another Xtreme challenge. I did p90x in the past and it was 90 days so I want to do that with Xtreme also. On days when there are 2 recovery workouts, I swap out the 1st recovery workout with an xtreme. I love all the support and motivation on here and fb. I also feel more accountable when I log in my workouts. Still wish I had a running partner!:wink:
  • barb1221
    barb1221 Posts: 5
    Options
    We'll definitely keep supporting each other on FB and here as well regardless of what we each decide to do. I wish I could to the c25k, but I really don't like running...and I don't have a good place to run that's real convenient. My treadmill is older than dirt and doesn't work very well. I'll probably end up doing mostly Xtreme workouts and mix in other stuff along the way. If this weather keeps up as warm as it is, we can open the pool soon!!! Looking forward to Chris' pool workout in Prevention magazine.
  • Sepheriel
    Sepheriel Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm definitely doing the challenge again! My real problem is the food, I do pretty good all day but then eat too much late at night (ugh). I need the toning for my upper thighs and lower abdomen (2 c-sections & a hysterectomy have taken a toll there lol).
  • tigerlady0276
    Options
    I have probs with food as well!
  • LynneWyre
    Options
    Here you are Janice! love your picture!
  • mamakate3
    mamakate3 Posts: 28
    Options
    I will definitely keep logging here and trying to keep up on facebook. This site/app has really helped me keep things in check. I am much happier with my food choices and end up timing meals and snacks in order to fuel workouts. I am officially addicted to exercise and clean eating! (Yay! :happy: )

And you ladies definitely help keep me going! I am so grateful for all of you!

Tracy - I did P90x as well but ended up slipping a disc in my back about half way through. Since I am so much stronger now in comparison, I may give that another shot. My husband has lost 40 lbs and 6 inches on his waist from those workouts!!
  • LynneWyre
    Options
    Barb - I usually open our pool on April 19th every year. Might be earlier this year. We opened the cover yesterday and it is clean and ready to go, other than a few leaves and a few icebergs!
    Last year I did a mini book camp with a local personal trainer - 5 of us in the group. We met here twice for boot camp in the
    pool and it was SO much fun! The work out was awesome! Maybe we will be able to do Chris' workout!
  • Sepheriel
    Sepheriel Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Lynn.... thanks! The pool workout sounds like a lot of fun!!!

I want to try P90x !