Post your NSV's & Things your grateful for :)

Options
NSV~ I pushed hard in water aerobics for the full hour.

Grateful for~ the friends and encouragement I get from all of you ladies. :)
and for the new workout bag my daughter gave me.

Replies

• Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Chose healthier sushi instead of fried calamari at the seafood restaurant last night!
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    er, what's NSV???
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    NSV~ Non Scale Victory

Things you notice when the scale wont budge, like your fitting in smaller pants, you walked further than you did before, your face looks slimmer...you didn't cheat, but enjoyed your indulgence within your calories....
  • CailleachBeara
    Options
    Well now that I know what NSV is....:tongue:

I've lost a few centimetres off my waist and hips and even though my new gym program is killing me I'm sticking with and getting results.
  • CailleachBeara
    Options
    This morning I tried on some pants that had been really tight on me and they're fitting comfortably now :bigsmile:
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 5 lbs, but a friend noticed and that made me fill better, since I wont be able to grocery shopping and been eating wrong.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Scale hasn't budged in over a week, still at 232.4....but my pants are really loose on me, plus I am building more endurance. Another thing is that my body doesn't "ache" as much anymore!! (You know that over 40 creaking and popping???) Not happening as much.
  • NonnyK
    NonnyK Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too am thankful for all of the great encouragement that I get here on MFP! It has really helped me make some milestones.

I have never stayed focused for this long.....I am now on my 46th day. That is a victory for me!

I went from no exercise to exercising at least five times a week. That is a big change for me.

Just a few things I am grateful for......:happy:
  • Mabohlale
    Options
    I am officially "overweight"!!!! Doesn't seem like a victory? I have been in the "obese" BMI range for the past 5 years. It is a major victory to only be overweight. =) Can't wait to get into the "healthy" range! =)
  • CailleachBeara
    Options
    Today I really pushed myself in spin class and proved to myself that I can do a whole track without stopping and I'm grateful for my job and boss who is flexible and doesn't mind me going to the gym for over an hour :)
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for a husband who supports me in my fitness goals, a wonderful small-gym, a trainer who is also an RN who pushes me to my limits and reasonably priced, a great gym buddy who makes my 5:45am workouts entertaining, an energetic Zumba instructor who always keeps it fun, a flexible work schedule that allows me to work in my fitness routines, AND MFP for information, inspiration, and support!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • Mabohlale
    Options
    Zipped up my "skinnier" jeans this week! (I'm not going to call them my "skinny" jeans since I am still 40 pounds from my goal.) These are jeans that I haven't been able to wear for 5 years (since the beginning of my last pregnancy.) :happy:
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Zipped up my "skinnier" jeans this week! (I'm not going to call them my "skinny" jeans since I am still 40 pounds from my goal.) These are jeans that I haven't been able to wear for 5 years (since the beginning of my last pregnancy.) :happy:

That is awesome! Congrats! :happy:
  • Mabohlale
    Options

That is awesome! Congrats! :happy:

Thanks! Going strong!
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Tonight I ran on the treadmill at the gym for the first time... only for 1 minute, but that was after a full 30 of walking uphill :)
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I noticed that all my v-neck shirts are hanging lower than they used to. Who knew I had weight to lose in my neck? Also, my face looks slimmer than before when I look in the mirror. And, on a sad note, I put on my favorite white jeans to go out last night, and they were too loose :(
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I can fit into a tank top that I couldn't squeeze into a year ago. Just in time for Spring/Summer.
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    I am grateful for a husband and children who support me no matter what weight I am. I am grateful for MFP friends who refrain from judging me when I back slide.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    NSV - I've been running 5Ks for over 3 years, and had a goal of breaking a 30 min 5K, and I finally did it on Saturday (29:59). I'm grateful for finding MFP and making a bunch of great friends :-)
  • paledi
    paledi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had knee surgery 6 weeks ago and I walked 3 miles with the dog today. Had surgery for 2 melanomas 3 weeks ago and the margins and lymph nodes are free of cancer now. I found out before I started exercing in the sun like I have done in the past. Yesterday, a stranger told me I smelled good. Didn't have the heart to tell him it was Nutrugena sunscreen. Life is good!