Earned my mommy badge today

Options
JanieJack
JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
Joined my son for lunch today. His “Best-Friend” joined us at the special “parents” table. At the direction of his mom, the boys are no longer allowed to play together (the two of them together = massive destruction). This is the woman who called my son an idiot. They were thrilled to sit together and Peanut immediately asked if the other boy could come to his party. I told him the only kids who could come were those who followed my rules: 1. Don’t call P names and 2. Don’t get P in trouble when they play together. At that moment, his mom joined us at the table. I put on my best, “Bless Her Heart” smile, and told her we were having a lovely conversation about how if anyone wants to come to Peanut’s party they must follow our rules and asked the boys to recite the rules so she could hear. She hung her head, offered me an apology for recent events, and told me how her life had been crazy lately, dad in the hospital, etc.

Afterward, his teacher asked how it went… apparently the teachers in the back were afraid sparks would fly with the two of us together.

Replies

• jendan6
    jendan6 Posts: 11
    Options
    Awesome way to handle that for you, her, and the boys!! I'm putting this one in my file!
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Being the bigger person is sooooooo hard! sometimes I want to throw a hissy! :explode:

Big HUGS for handling this situation in a great way :flowerforyou:
  • lisaontiveros13
    lisaontiveros13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment.....it's so much easier to be Tiger Mom in those situations. Good for you!

(Love the "bless her heart" smile.)