Travel for 2 weeks straight while on MF

Options
JackieMac979
JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
Hello everyone,

I am confident in my ability to dine out while on MF for lean protein/veggies, but wondered if anyone has a tip about bringing MF meals while traveling.

I'm about to go across the country for 2 weeks. I'll probably need most of my luggage space for my work clothes and all the stuff needed for the course (big binders, etc) plus my own casual clothes for my free time. To pack and fit 2 weeks of MF food might be a challenge, especially since it is to a warm area (San Diego) and thoughts of melting all my crunch bars have me worried.

One of my ideas was to have a MF order shipped to the hotel where I'll be at. Any other suggestions about packing MF stuff very lightly? I really want to bring a little blender too but not sure how I can fit all this stuff!

Thanks in advance!
Jackie

Replies

• flicka82
    flicka82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am about to go to SF, California next week for 5 weeks straight, so I feel your pain. I am going to need 23 boxes of MF to last that long and there is really no way for me to pack that many boxes. I was planning to take mostly puffs and bars so I don't have to do a lot of prep but I don't know now.

I think I may ship it out on Saturday since I leave on Sunday. That way I only need to pack a couple of days worth with me.

Maybe I could take a stick blender type since they are skinny. :)
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I would just send an order to the hotel, tell them to expect it and your arrival date. Make sure you order it a week in advance, and pack 2 boxes of bars just in case there is a delay.
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I also just realized I can go to Sam's Club in San Diego and buy a case of the EAS ready to drink shakes I like once I arrive there. I might bring some MF to get me through and then add EAS as well.
  • elvisneedsboats
    elvisneedsboats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been doing lots of traveling lately (longest business trip so far was 1 week, but I'm about to leave on an 11-day vacation). I find it's easiest for me to just take shakes, hot cocoa, cold drinks, and bars. Plus maybe brownies/cookies if I have access to a microwave. Things that require little/no prep. I've been eating a LOT of bars lately. Heh.

Two large ziploc bags full of bars and packets is more than enough for any trip I've been on so far (I always overpack for food--going for three days? Okay, three each of two kinds of shakes, three hot cocoas, 15 bars, and 3 brownies--that's enough for almost 6 days, but doesn't take up that much space if you ditch the boxes). Are you flying? Carry on your food if you won't have room for it in your luggage. I wouldn't worry about a blender, but I do take a shaker jar (the kind with a ball so it mixes well) and a plastic tablespoon measure (for the brownies/cookies).

I'm sure you could have some food shipped to your hotel; I, personally, wouldn't bother with that, but it's certainly an option.