What's your juiciest geek confession?

Options

Replies

• jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I used to play table top Dungeons & Dragons and one day our group that played decided to attend some D&D gathering at a comic and games shop in the city. We decided to dress up as our characters and off we went.. I rocked up dressed as a half elf complete with pointy wizards hat and elf ears >.<
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    First crush "Craig Charles" AKA Lister from Reddwarf! *blush*
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

By complete coincidence, my first crush was a vindaloo curry!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    My car is named Zoey .....yup after firefly ...cause she is spunky and tough as hell lol
  • Ekoria
    Options

By complete coincidence, my first crush was a vindaloo curry!

Ah the old "crushing on a curry" story.

It is a story that stretches back through the ages...the holy union of human and viciously hot curry!

Good shout ;)
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    In Oblivion I would strip all the clothes off dead females(well their underwear - since I play on ps3, there is no nude mod) and drag them around to compromising positions with each other... In Skyrim, I pickpocket the clothes from all the females and leave them walking around the towns in their underwear.... My wife tells me I'm sick and have to stop that behavior...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I've never played D&D, WoW, etc... but I'm totally obsessed with RA Salvatore's Drizzt Do'Urden books.

I rescued in a litter of kittens and named them River (a crazy ninja-kitty), Kaylee (a tough little girl), Jayne (the biggest of the bunch), Badger (he was colored kind of badger-like) and Shepherd Book (gentle and very fuzzy fur that stuck out everywhere) who we just called Shep, but his name has since been changed to Trevor after Neville Longbottom's toad.
  • katsten
    katsten Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. Have a major crush on David Tennant as the 10th Doctor. Am a former gamer girl (dont have as much time now with kids) though I just finished Castlevania Symphony of the Night for the 5th time. I'm a huge reader (book nerd) and have over 1000 books. I married an even bigger geek than me(Final Fantasy obsessed, WoW, doctor who fan, firefly, Buffy, Dollhouse, etc). Oh, and I agree with Matt Smith, "Bowties are cool" :-D
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I didn't let my geek side out until I was almost 30. I am completely obsessed with the Drizzt Do'Urden books. I recently discovered Buffy and have watched all the episodes on Netflix, got the graphic novels from the library and am currently listening to the soundtrack from OMWF. I took off March 8, 2011 so I could go to the midnight release of Dragon Age 2 and play it nonstop. I lived off of Diet Coke and easter candy. My child was sick that day so I made my husband stay home to take care of him so I could play DA2. :blushing:
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    In Dragon Age Origins I tried really hard not to start a romance with Anders... but I always ended up sleeping with him eventually...and one toon was *supposed* to be a lesbian mage-hunter! Damn his witty british charm and multiple personality disorder!

Next?!

I haven't played this game... but I think it is now calling me lol
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh, and our youngest son is named after Gus on Psych. And a little after Gus-Gus on Cinderella.
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with both versions of Spock :laugh: I cried when I saw him smile in the episode Amok Time :blushing: I got a huge crush on Link from LoZ, but who doesn't, Am I right? :laugh:

I am still in utter shock that my love of Spock transfered immediately to the Quinto kid. My dear friend as well! We actually have coffee table conversations about how strange it is.

I have nothing juicy. I'm pitiful.

Does it count as juicy that I had a monster follow me around a convention for a week because he enjoyed scaring me? To the point of his handler getting embarrassed? Apparently I'm a good screamer.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I didn't let my geek side out until I was almost 30. I am completely obsessed with the Drizzt Do'Urden books. I recently discovered Buffy and have watched all the episodes on Netflix, got the graphic novels from the library and am currently listening to the soundtrack from OMWF. I took off March 8, 2011 so I could go to the midnight release of Dragon Age 2 and play it nonstop. I lived off of Diet Coke and easter candy. My child was sick that day so I made my husband stay home to take care of him so I could play DA2. :blushing:

I too love the Drizzt Do"Urden books! Have you read the graphic novel Fray in the Joss Whedon world? I am in the midst of reading it now.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Oh, and our youngest son is named after Gus on Psych. And a little after Gus-Gus on Cinderella.

I named by daughter Cordelia from Buffy/Angel. We call her Cordi.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I may or may not speak some klingon.
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love the whole 'naming your kid/pet a geeky character reference' thing.
    One of my cats is called Luna... part Luna Lovegood, part Luna from Sailor Moon.
    Not exactly a juicy confession though, I'd admit that to anyone :tongue:
  • Ekoria
    Options
    I love the whole 'naming your kid/pet a geeky character reference' thing.
    One of my cats is called Luna... part Luna Lovegood, part Luna from Sailor Moon.
    Not exactly a juicy confession though, I'd admit that to anyone :tongue:

My female cat is called "Colin" as a homage to "Spaced" (The dog from spaced was called Colin in the show and Aida in real life, she was a girl playing a boy....its vague but I love it!)
  • katsten
    katsten Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I named my youngest twin Damon after Damon in "The Vampire Diaries" book, not lame tv show. My oldest twin is named Kaiden after a pet snake my ex and I had, his middle name has Zandre in it from Buffy. We also named our dog Loki from the movie Thor. Hes the Dog of mischief. I also have a cat named Alucard after the main character in Castlevania Symphony of the Night.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a lot of geeks don't comprehend the meaning of "juicy."
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options

This is AWE-SOME!!!!!