Replies

• javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Long Branch (NJ) Half, May 6.
  • kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first one at Disney World this past weekend. Have a few 5ks planned but not another half yet.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm another Disneyland half in September person. I started JG and did my first long run, 4 miles, today.
  • jessbutterfly22
    jessbutterfly22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am running my first half marathon on May 26th. It's Wheeling's Ogden Half Marathon Classic. I am very nervous but really excited!
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello! Mine first is on May 6th. It needs to stop precipitating on the weekends though... that's the only time I have enough time during the daylight to do my longer runs... grrr... come on longer days! :)
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    May 12th!! Can't wait!
  • an1an
    an1an Posts: 3
    Options
    well good luck everybody. my second one will only arrive next autumn...but I enjoy the training as much as I do the race
  • JulieWillRun
    Options
    I'm doing the Flying Pig Half Marathon in Cincinnati on May 6th.
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first half on April 21st - The Asbury Park Half Marathon in NJ - nervous but very excited!
  • cdolence1
    Options
    I scheduled my first HM October 2012 (The Detroit Free Press). I have been training pretty regularly (even if it is 8 months away). I am able to run 9 miles so far then I hit the wall. I would like to start "experimenting" with gels, beans, etc. if anyone has any suggestions. My concern is running over the Ambassador Bridge to Canada and coming back through the tunnel. I hear the incline is pretty tough. Anyone else ever run this one?
  • cdolence1
    Options
    My first ever half marathon is February 26th in Disney! Less than 2 months to go!

That is great. I always see the ads in Runners World. Would love to do it. Please keep me posted on how it was. Do you live there or just going to do the HM?
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My 1st Half Marathon is on Sept 2nd. I'm doing the Disneyland Half Marathon. I'm also planning on doing the Wine & Dine at Disney World in November. I want the coast-to-coast medal :)

So, I'll have my first 2 half marathons by end of year!!! Very excited. Depending on how it goes, I may aim to do a full in January 2013....! But want to see how training goes first.
  • missteecole
    missteecole Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first half is on April 14th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as the longest mileage I've run to date is 9 miles! O_o
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My first half is on April 14th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as the longest mileage I've run to date is 9 miles! O_o

Nice!! I'm sure you'll do great if you're already up to 9 miles! My training plan only has me running up to 10 miles before the race where you never actually train the whole distance.

BTW - I LOVE your profile pic. Especially since I went running yesterday (7 miles... mine is May 6) and my feet DO hurt today! :)
  • Just1Drew
    Just1Drew Posts: 19
    Options
    My oldest daughter and I are doing the Rock n' Roll Half-Marathon in Los Angeles on October 28th. We've got a while, but since this is our first we think we'll need the time. We are both fairly new to running. =)
  • shibainugal
    shibainugal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My first half marathon is Oct. 28 - LA Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. Looking forward to it. I have a lot of training to do between now and then.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    My first HM is May 5th. I slacked off on my training runs during vacation last month and am about 3 weeks behind now. :embarassed: I am running a quarter marathon this weekend, fingers crossed.
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My first half will be on May 12th but I've been getting a little behind on my longer runs. Really excited and nervous as of last week, I've run up to 8.5 miles.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My first half was this past Sunday in VA Beach (The Shamrock). I have trained really hard and ran the whole 13.1 miles. Official time was 2:33:14 :) My next half is May 20th in Fredericksburg VA (Marine half) and then I am doing the Richmond Va half on Nov 10th. Yes..I am addicted to longer distance :)
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My first ever half marathon is February 26th in Disney! Less than 2 months to go!

That is great. I always see the ads in Runners World. Would love to do it. Please keep me posted on how it was. Do you live there or just going to do the HM?

Sorry!! I never saw this until now! Anyway, the race was awesome!! SO much fun. Disney knows how to put on a good show. I do not live there, I actually live in CT, but I vacation in Disney all the time. They have characters located throughout the course and you can stop and take pics along the way. A lot of people don't run this race for time, but for all the photo ops. I finished in 2 hours 25 minutes, but I did not stop for pics.