Cardio 2

Options
theredcliche
theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
Can we just talk about Cardio 2 for a second? I did it for the first time today and for ANYONE who is bored with Cardio 1, just wait until you get to Cardio 2. I actually did Cardio 1 12 times the first month and I am SOOOOO glad I don't have to do Cardio 2 that many times. That workout is a monster. The moves separately aren't that difficult, but when they are all bunched up together... oh my goodness. In my head I'm thinking, "it's not them moves individually, but the combination of moves that is effective" or whatever quote Jillian always uses about circuit training. I hate high knees, alternating knee hikes (or whatever they are called) and cross jacks. That is all for now.

Replies

• Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh boy!!! I actually was wondering about what the other cardio DVDs were like, because I burned the same doing Cardio 1 as I did doing Workouts 1 & 2. I guess I better prepare myself....thanks for the info!!

Are you in phase 2 now?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I've done it once and I liked it! It went by super fast! I was definitely shouting out loud a few times. it's hard. lol
    I burned about 300 calories compared to about 275 with cardio 1
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm getting so tired of Cardio 1 so it's good to know that I better enjoy it now while it's a little bit dull for me!!
  • theredcliche
    Options
    Oh boy!!! I actually was wondering about what the other cardio DVDs were like, because I burned the same doing Cardio 1 as I did doing Workouts 1 & 2. I guess I better prepare myself....thanks for the info!!

Are you in phase 2 now?

yep, I'm on Week 5... I burned 243 cals on Cardio 2 and only around 195 on Cardio 1. I find that I burn less with the cardio workouts - not sure if that's the case for everyone or not....
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow, now I am a little scared of next week. I am finishing up week 4 this week so I only have one more workout of cardio 1 and I still have trouble getting through it. I have asthma and a bad knee from too many surgeries, so by the end of cardio 1 I feel like I am dying. At least it will be something new :) I burn right around 300 calories with cardio 1, so I can't wait to see what I burn with cardio 2 next week.

Are there any suicides in cardio 2? That is the one exercise that I really hate in cardio 1.
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow, now I am a little scared of next week. I am finishing up week 4 this week so I only have one more workout of cardio 1 and I still have trouble getting through it. I have asthma and a bad knee from too many surgeries, so by the end of cardio 1 I feel like I am dying. At least it will be something new :) I burn right around 300 calories with cardio 1, so I can't wait to see what I burn with cardio 2 next week.

Are there any suicides in cardio 2? That is the one exercise that I really hate in cardio 1.

No suicides but each circuit ends with burpees!
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Cardio 2 is my favorite so far, I love the intensity!
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Don't be scared! I suggest to calm your worries/nerves, watch (don't do) cardio 2 over the weekend before you actually have to do it. It will help prepare you for what she will make you do. It's not that bad! (Remember, use your words wisely, like Jillian says. Say: I can do it. I'm ready!) I actually like it a lot better than cardio 1. Yes, it's faster paced, but the changes are great and each exercise is only 30 seconds, instead of one minute. Honestly, watch cardio 2 when you have some time and see what she makes you do. It's not that bad, but it definitely is a step up intensity wise from cardio 1. But you can handle it. If you got through phase 1, you are ready for phase 2. You got this!
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    Glad to hear that I am not the only one. I'm in the middle of Week 4 and thought I would give Cardio 2 a try today instead of Cardio 1. It was a pretty big difference for me. Kept up very well with the first two circuits, but was dying and yelling at her during circuit 3. LOL The one I hate the most is the but kicks, not that flexible yet. Oh well, overall I did like it and that's what counts, right?
  • myeatman
    myeatman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I thought Cardio 1 was just as hard as Cardio 2. Maybe it's because I've never had endurance so the 30 second circuits are much easier for me. Plus, I hated the suicides!
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If you have bad knees, please modify Cardio 2 until you can do it safely. There is a LOT of jumping and you don't want to injure yourself! I'm doing a different low impact cardio for now as I've hurt my left knee.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    The hardest for me in Cardio 2 are burpees, side jumping jacks (?), and high knees. There are a few easier things thrown in there like punches so there's time to rest a bit :)
  • theredcliche
    Options
    today was my 3rd time doing cardio 2. it is MUCH more tolerable now. when i feel like i wanna give up, i tell myself how many more times i have to do that particular exercise... like cross jacks... "only one more set!!!"...
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    All I can say is OUCH! Today was my first day doing cardio 2 and while I love the 30 second intervals I still struggled with the plea (sp) hops and burpee's. During the last set of burpee's I had to just do the jump rope as fast as I could because I felt like my knee was going to explode.

Is anyone else subbing something for the burpee's due to knee issues?
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up Cardio 2 because of the knee pain. I'm going to do Tae Bo or Ripped in 30 instead. There are too many high impact exercises for me.
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give Cardio 2 another chance tomorrow....but weeks 5 & 6 are starting to tear on my knees. I don't think I've done this much jumping since I was 6 years old!
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have found the key to Cardio 2!! Mute Jillian, listen to your own music and when it is time for punches, turn sideways and punch her right in the mouth!! :)
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    YES! I can't wait! I have two more weeks of Cardio 1 and I'm getting bored. :(

And I love burpees - they're such a great full-body exercise. I know Jillian loves 'em, so I was expecting to see (a lot) of them sooner or later. I've been having a little bit of shin & knee pain lately, though, so I'm worried about the high impact.

It's weird - when I was doing high impact plyometrics with p90x and then quite a bit of running over the past few months... I wasn't having leg problems at all. Now I'm in Phase 1 of Body Revolution, which has very few high impact moves, and I'm feeling pains? Kinda troubling...
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    I have found the key to Cardio 2!! Mute Jillian, listen to your own music and when it is time for punches, turn sideways and punch her right in the mouth!! :)

LOL!!:laugh: