Favorite "Get Fit" Mantras

Options
Lucy_Monroe
Lucy_Monroe Posts: 55 Member
Okay...so in the 9 long and often rejection filled years that I wrote prior to publishing my first book, I used to tell myself, "You can't guarantee success, but you *can* guarantee failure...by giving up!" That little mantra got me through some very tough times as I struggled to find my niche in the publishing industry.

My current fitness mantra? "NOTHING tastes as good as being healthy and fit will feel, especially when I'm buying new clothes because my old ones are WAY too big!" Really, I tell myself this when I smell donuts, crave chocolate during that time of month, drive by Taco Bell and my car wants to turn in, etc. I'm not saying, I never indulge, but I do it within the parameters of my calorie goals usually and once in a great while...I shock my system with a totally decadent meal. :)

:smile: What is your mantra for this challenge? :smile:

I highly encourage creating one, or using one you've heard that works for you. My baby sister is inspired by "The Biggest Loser" - so she's running around saying, "NO excuses!" :wink:

Hugs,
Lucy :smile:
www.lucymonroe.com

Replies

• Jafdustys
    Jafdustys Posts: 12
    Options
    Hummm. I just want to feel better. Tired of feeling blah. I promised myself I would be honest here.
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Sounds to me like your mantra needs to be something like: THIS *is* going to make me feel better. Because it will. We all know it doesn't happen right away, but things get better faster than we expect. I can't believe that I can walk to the store, do mild grocery shopping and backpack stuff home without getting out of breath. Two months ago, walking the mile to Fred Meyer was completely out of the question, never mind shopping for food after. :) It's not just the exercise tho, it's eating right too. I'm tracking stuff like iron and potassium and changed to an organic multi-vitamin that digests more easily. It's all made a difference. I know it will for you too!

Hugs!
    Lucy :)
    Hummm. I just want to feel better. Tired of feeling blah. I promised myself I would be honest here.
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    Right now I have two.

It's time to fuel your body. (Since I'm supposed to be eating more often and am not usually hungry till evening.)

and

Go out and move something. (so walk, bike, swim, dance .... something to move my body. All these hours at computer writing make everything tighten up.)
  • jenifer315
    Options
    I have 2.

Today is hard but yesterday was harder.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Jenny
  • mybookcravings
    Options
    I have two mantras: if a 70 year old can do it so can I. and bikini by summer bikini by summer.

Melinda
  • valeriecozart
    Options
    I have a couple that help get me through the tougher times. One is "Weight you are leaving this body, you are not going to derail my destiny any longer." And the other one that I think of often is "Chug, Chug, Chug" as in the Little Engine That Could. As long as I keep chugging along then it's all going to be all right.

Valerie
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My health improves daily from healthy food choices and exercise.

No excuses!

All I have is time! (All my working life, I always said I don't have the time to exercise, I don't have the time to plan healthy meals, I don't have time.....etc.)
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    What great mantras! Thank you all so much for sharing. Positive self-talk is so important to success and we are all going to get there! :)
  • candicevaughn
    candicevaughn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel. I tell myself this all day long. It has really helped during rough moments.
  • cbev100
    cbev100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have two:

"I'm tired of hiding the me I am behind the me I'm not." It's been too easy use the weight as an excuse to not try the things that I want to do because I'm afraid I might fail.

"If I don't truely love myself, how can someone else truely love me." Got to start taking care of myself first!
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Candice - I use that one too. Especially when I forget to eat and don't want to stop writing to do it. If I don't I'll make poorer choices later. :)

Cbev...I love both of those!
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    My mantra is "Making good choices" -- my MFP sign in is a shortened version (MAking GOod CHoices) so I can remind myself every time I log in.

Stacey
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Options
    Cool, Stacey...I wondered where your screen name came from. :)
  • valeriecozart
    Options
    I was wondering that too. That's a great name and a great mantra!

Valerie
  • debinewb1
    debinewb1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use: I Can, I Will, I Did for making good food & exercise choices, as well as, life in general!
  • momlina
    momlina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I suppose the mantra I've always used reguarding my Lupus applies "Control it or it will control you"
  • Tammy_Boyer
    Options
    My mantra is Just Do It. No excuses no complaining.
  • erikarose13
    Options
    Okay...so in the 9 long and often rejection filled years that I wrote prior to publishing my first book, I used to tell myself, "You can't guarantee success, but you *can* guarantee failure...by giving up!" That little mantra got me through some very tough times as I struggled to find my niche in the publishing industry.

My current fitness mantra? "NOTHING tastes as good as being healthy and fit will feel, especially when I'm buying new clothes because my old ones are WAY too big!" Really, I tell myself this when I smell donuts, crave chocolate during that time of month, drive by Taco Bell and my car wants to turn in, etc. I'm not saying, I never indulge, but I do it within the parameters of my calorie goals usually and once in a great while...I shock my system with a totally decadent meal. :)

:smile: What is your mantra for this challenge? :smile:

I highly encourage creating one, or using one you've heard that works for you. My baby sister is inspired by "The Biggest Loser" - so she's running around saying, "NO excuses!" :wink:

Hugs,
    Lucy :smile:
    www.lucymonroe.com
  • erikarose13
    Options
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just on more time.
    I have this on my fridge to remind me.:smile:
  • jenifer315
    Options
    I found one that was on a Halls cough drop wrapper of all places a few days ago. It said:

Don't give up on yourself

Jenny