I'm so excited! Any advice is welcome!

Options
colorlessgreen
colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
I bought my DVD on Amazon this morning, and picked up a set of 3 lb. and 5 lb. dumbbells.

I have so many questions for you seasoned Shredders: did you stick to a 1200-calorie a day diet? I keep hearing people say that number, so I'm assuming that's part of the plan. I'm currently at about 1700 a day and have been losing steadily at that number, so I'm planning to stick with it, unless I hear a compelling reason not to.

Do you do it in the morning, or at night? I think it might be easiest to fit it in before I go to work, since I live in a tiny apartment, and I know my boyfriend will distract me after work. ;) I've already tried to convince him to do it with me, haha!

Do I need good athletic shoes? I keep my running shoes in my gym locker, but I have a pair of Puma Speeder shoes I could wear at home. They're not the most supportive thing ever -- I'd have to be pretty desperate to go for a jog in them -- but I'm thinking they'll be okay.

Thanks to everyone (especially Deanna) for encouraging me to go for it!

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi there Im Debbie and have shredded once before whilst i was injured and unable to run. it was fabulous, im injured again so am really up for shredding again. I did get fab results.

good shoes i dont think are essential.

gotta go now glad to have found this group will check in later!
  • Wottie72
    Wottie72 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow I was wondering if there was gonna be a group for this, I've ordered a box set which has 4 of Jillians Dvds and was planning to start with the shred. I'm current Day 10 into a Zumba 30 challenge and getting good results will be an overlap but hopefully I'll manage.
  • erinl1977
    Options
    im 2 days in and loving it.. I also do zumba 2x/week and go to the gym....i did the shred w/ out shoes yesterday and think it was a harder workout then when I wore sneaks today...all in all, loving the dvd and im sore as hell, did zumba and dvd yesterday!
  • drcnestor
    Options
    I'm in too but boy it's tough I haven't done it in year..it's just watching me from the shelf ,,,daring me..every time I reach for other videos...but it's time to put fear away.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it in bare feet - works for me, I'm two weeks in, not consistent in doing it every day though but prefer being without shoes.

I alternate between levels all the time - I don't feel it the next day if I do Level 1, can't do Level 3 at full effort but get bored doing Level 2 all the time. Seems to be working for me doing it this way.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that someone is starting this in the future... I keep catching the threads after they have started for a few days already... I have done 30 day shred a couple of times... but that's about it.... I am also wanting to start the C25k program as well.
  • miraquenice
    miraquenice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    YAAAY!!!! I just bought the dvd and did it ONCE :embarassed: and im ready to get started again I think i sweated more than when i go to the gym. I liked it. I have trouble getting started again if i take a break in between so im going to just keep up everyday its just a couple minutes a day and them WAM!!!! ur done with your workout. Im going to try for the morning before work i find it helps get the day started off right. If i wait till after work its very easy to find excuses not to do it.
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this! I'm new to this weightloss thing (seriously, I've done nothing but gained for the first 30 years of life!), and I'm also to this whole 'group' thing, but I figure I might as well jump right in. I'm looking forward to a group who can encourage each other and help me hold my self accountable.

I've never stuck with 30day shred, although I've done the video a few times. looking forward to doing it regularly!
  • hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've also just ordered my dvd from Amazon...It's supposed to arrive on Monday. This group seems to be just what I need to get started and to stick with it. :laugh: Good luck all!
    ~Hilary
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've done the shred before in January. I'm finishing up 6W6P on Sunday and I've been missing 30ds so I thought I might do it again for another month.

If you haven't done it before you will see great results if you stick at it. I didn't do measurements as I didn't have a lot of weight to lose but I felt so much fitter and stronger by the end of 30 days.

Good luck everyone x
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You don't need really sturdy trainers for this. I started it in bare feet until I got new trainers and didn't have problems.
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 right now..but I'm willing to re-start using it as a warm up!!! Its still tough!! Whew...good luck to everyone!!
  • Laurakc89
    Laurakc89 Posts: 22
    Options
    Just bought the DVD, should be here mid-next week, perfect timing!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    YAY! Thanks for starting this! I've had the 30DS DVD for about 3 years now and have started it several times, but have never made it past 10 days in. I have ALWAYS wanted to do the entire 30 days, so I'm making it a point to do it for April! (I will be starting it April 1 though.)

I always wear tennis shoes when I do it - I had foot surgery in college, and that foot is very particular about shoes during workouts.

Other than this, I'm starting Couch to 5K today (with the current thunderstorm outside though, I'll probably have to do a different workout and start C25K on Wednesday, boo) and will be doing that 3x a week, and then adding in the Shred every day on April 1.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So glad you started this group !!
    i've just ordered the dvd's and really looking forward to trying it out .... roll on 1st april !
  • hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My dvd was delivered this morning!!! woo hoo! Can't wait to get a look at it and see just what I've gotten myself into! LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    This sounds like so much fun and a great tool for motivation, I definitely want to join in! What DVD do I need to get??? Thanks!!
  • sweetcaroline04
    Options
    Can't wait to get this started!! I think this group will keep me more accountable than if I were to go it alone.. I'm pretty bad at starting new routines!!
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    OK I'm in. I'm still recovering from my prior life as a couch potato so this will be quite a challenge for me. Looking forward to shredding with you all!