360 or PS3?

Options

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have a 360 and I love it, haven't had a playstation since the first one and have no intention of doing. Really want kinect myself. Weigh it up by the games you want.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Welp, depending on the level of artisitc quality and story driven beauty youre into (if you want an expeirence rather than some shoot em up game) you need to get Journey for the PSN. Like seriously. Anything from 'That Game Company' is artistic and innovative. This one is no exception, and it's multiplayer is revolutionary. There is no communication, other than little musical notes you can make. The longer you press the button, the louder the note is. You communicate using these notes, so its up to the other player to decide what you're trying to tell or show him. The story in itself is so interesting and amazing. Anyone who has a PS3 CANNOT miss out on this title.

..Assuming youre still searching for a system....
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If you're jonesing for Ico/SotC- then go buy a used PS2 for fifty bucks AND get an Xbox w/Kinect.

I own both systems and love them like my kids- so no favoritism either way.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    If you're jonesing for Ico/SotC- then go buy a used PS2 for fifty bucks AND get an Xbox w/Kinect.

They look and play like crap on PS2. I would never settle for less than the remasters, now that they exist.
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    End of story ;-)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

They look and play like crap on PS2. I would never settle for less than the remasters, now that they exist.
    Is that not part of the charm? It's how Silent Hill got it's start.

Personally, I think most games look like crap- I'm hard to impress apparently.
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I own a 360 and have no complaints, although i would like to at least try a ps3 sometime
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have PS3, XBox and WII.
    The PS3 has Blueray which is pretty awesome.
    The PS3 is also quiet, which is nice.
    The PS3 can also handle 3D games.

XBox has Kinect which is great and a decent workout(but not the actual workout games).
    XBox also has game to game audio chat, so you can be playinh Halo, and someone else Call of Duty, but you can still chat with each other. In PS3, you have to be playing the same game and the game has to have chat functions.

Wii is cheap and of course has the classic Nintendo games.

I like PS3, but my teen likes XBOX.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    360 for sure :)
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A year ago hands down ps3. My original xbox died, so i had a grudge for awhile but got a newer version that has no issues. Now? That is a tough choice. Kinect is my favorite for motion control. You want those games, then 360. However, I dont like xbox live and getting charged. So if online gaming is your thing and you want it free then ps3. Blu ray on ps3 is great. So hard. I have all 3. If i had to choose which one to keep. . . 360.
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options
    I have both and love both for different reasons. XBox has a better community vibe going, with regular video updates/programs on a nearly daily basis. PS3 has a cleaner front-end UI, and more successfully bridges the gap between game machine and all-media center. I like the exclusive franchises on both platforms, which is why I own both.

As others have said, we'll probably be getting rumblings of the next-gen platforms at E3 in a few months, so hold off if you can. Chances are, retailers will start dropping the prices on both after the announcements.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Fellow gamers,

I haven't had a console since my PSX, back in high school. Since then, I've been focused on PC gaming. My current machine is going on 3 years now (thankfully, it should still hold up against Diablo 3 quite nicely), and I think I'm going to make the switch to console for budgetary reasons. For the price of another gaming laptop, I could get a console for my gaming needs and a tablet + keyboard for my mobile needs.

So! What are your thoughts on which 7th-gen to get? If I got the 360 I'd definitely get the Kinect as well, even if it made me rearrange my living room. I also have little to no interest in Blu-Ray. Given these, is the 360 the way to go? Are there PS3 exclusives that are simply must-haves?

So, after all this data and suggestions, which will you go for?!
    You have to tell us!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    ps3, i was raised with a playstation and all of its series...xbox has no games that interest me
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just gonna throw it out there that if you have the option get both and don't miss out on any exclusive titles
  • MrsHossYo
    MrsHossYo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    360, no bull****.
  • timaeus_drache
    timaeus_drache Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fellow gamers,

I haven't had a console since my PSX, back in high school. Since then, I've been focused on PC gaming. My current machine is going on 3 years now (thankfully, it should still hold up against Diablo 3 quite nicely), and I think I'm going to make the switch to console for budgetary reasons. For the price of another gaming laptop, I could get a console for my gaming needs and a tablet + keyboard for my mobile needs.

So! What are your thoughts on which 7th-gen to get? If I got the 360 I'd definitely get the Kinect as well, even if it made me rearrange my living room. I also have little to no interest in Blu-Ray. Given these, is the 360 the way to go? Are there PS3 exclusives that are simply must-haves?

So, after all this data and suggestions, which will you go for?!
    You have to tell us!

Haha, thanks everyone for your suggestions! I think I'm leaning toward the 360, but I'll probably hold off until after E3. I think Microsoft said they're not unveiling anything, but I've got plenty on PC to keep me busy until autumn with Diablo 3, Skyrim, and the upcoming Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. If prices drop after E3, I'll probably bite then.
  • princessgotchi
    princessgotchi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    its all about the PS3 for starters you have the uncharted series. and the superior network, which if you already have the net you dont have to pay extra for like on the xbox.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    ps3, i was raised with a playstation and all of its series...xbox has no games that interest me
    WHAAAAT!? Xbox 360 has SOOOO many great exclusives that you just can't get on PS3!!!! Look at this list!!!

Hulk Hogan's Main Event
    Fighters Uncaged
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo Wars
    Halo 3 ODST
    Halo Anniversary
    Halo Reach

PLUS! Halo 4 is in development!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    I've been a PS fan since Sony created the console, but I've also had a 360. Right now, I'm hooked on my PS3.
  • robneilhendrix
    Options
    360 with the Kinect. Personally my brother had the PS3 and the MOVE stuff for his wife to get some movement, it got used for a blu-ray player and they both got Gym memberships. With the 360 there is more selection for the Kinect, if you upgrade your desktop the Kinect is going to be allowed to connect into Windows 8(can connect now with Windows 7 and the SDK) and with games like Your Shape Evolved and Star Wars Kinect(comes out Tuesday), it just flat out rocks.