Do you use Peanut Butter or PB2

Options
Peanut butter verses PB2 which do you use?

Replies

• lorilynne5
    lorilynne5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is PB2? I will google it but am curious about which use?
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 in all my baking. I like how it bakes better than regular peanut butter!

Lori - PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that has a lot of the oil removed. You add water to get it back to peanut butter status. I buy it online.
  • lorilynne5
    lorilynne5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    so when you say you use it for baking do you use it in it's powdered form or do you use it mixed with water so it is like real peanut butter when you put it in? This stuff looks great! :)
  • mezahluna
    mezahluna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just love PB2!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    so when you say you use it for baking do you use it in it's powdered form or do you use it mixed with water so it is like real peanut butter when you put it in? This stuff looks great! :)
    Both. It depends on the recipe.

Mostly I do add water so I can measure it out to match the recipe. But sometimes I just add the powder.
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter AND Pb2. I really don't eat it too often but when I do, I like it on a LF Graham Cracker. 1 TB of the Smucker's is 100 calories. That is too much for me and not enough protein. The Pb2 is good on a graham cracker, so that is usually what I choose. It's all about choices. :)
  • huligoo
    Options
    I have been looking for PB2 for a long time now...where are you purchasing this item...I wanna try it so bad!! :)
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 in smoothies because it doesn't affect the texture, but gives lots of flavor. For sandwiches (or out of the jar!) I like real peanut butter.
  • LOOKnow123
    Options
    1 tablespoon of PB2 Chocolate mixed into low fat plain greek yogurt is amazing!
    GNC usually carries it and you can always get it on Amazon
  • nantnet
    nantnet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    They have a couple varities of PB2 at our Walmart right next to the other Peanut butters. Good luck
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 for everything. I like the taste and there is no guilt attached. I use it in smoothies and dip apples in it.

I do not like the chocolate PB2
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I used the PB2 early on. Sometimes I use creamy "natural" PB now. I was chastised for not getting enough calories, so on days I'm below 1000, I might go for the real deal. I'll probably go back to PB2 for its guilt free features as my calorie intake advances to keep it where it needs to be.