I dont think ketosis is responding well with my body....

Options
Today is my third day and I have suddenly began to feel weak, tightness in my chest, kind of faint... Oh. I don't think this is for me. I'm thinking it has to do with the low sugar... Or maybe I am just a carb addict going through badddd withdrawals. Lol. Anyone experience this? I got scared and started eating tortillas and sugar LOL! I feel a little bit better. But I don't think I'm going to continue in this direction of weightloss. -_-

Replies

• Louisa1979
    Louisa1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It really does pass. I had similar things and also feeling very tired. By the end of the second week by body had adapted fine. The only thing is make sure you are eating enough calories despuite being on protein only. I realised I was only eating 700-800 calories as I felt full so wasn't eating nearly enough. I don't know what MFP recommends for you but for me it is 1200 a day. I upped the calories and felt a lot better despite being protein only.
  • jaxson65
    jaxson65 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That first week is a killer but once you get over that initial hurdle you will be fine. Make sure you drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep and don't exert yourself too too much the first few weeks as it does knock it out of you. Now two months down the line I am starting to feel fantastic. Keep up the good work.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What were you eating exactly??? Try eating healthy lean meats. It might also be psychological-- but your health should come first. Tightness in the chest is a serious thing- please be careful.