Hey Everyone!

Options
I was looking on here for a pear shaped group teeehee and only found 1 without anything really on it. I know there are a lot of us out there with specific things we've had challenges with and I definitely think supporting each other is the best way to work what we got! No bashing allowed. Feel free to post tips, questions, challenges or even clothing lines that have worked for you!

Replies

• OnMyWay23
    Options
    I'm excited about this group. I'm a wife and mother of 6 and have had a pear shape most of my life. I look forward to tips and suggestions from everyone.
  • jenny2boys
    Options
    I have learned to love my pear shape curvy body! But I have a hard time finding jeans that fit good because of the gap in the bag and the crouch area hangs down.
  • cam_l20
    cam_l20 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am also pear shaped. I find it so hard to find trousers that fit - I have to get ones that fasten around my waist rather than my hips, but then I get that horrible gap at the back - grrr! Dresses are just impossible - they're always way too tight around my hips and dangerously baggy on top! So frustrating...!
  • normer
    normer Posts: 10
    Options
    I am a TALL PEAR.. Tougher yet to find clothes that don't gap and are long enough!!
    My biggest problem with this shape though, is that my chest and torso are starting to look a bit emaciated while my lower portion could still stand to tone up and shrink down!!! I have been working out with the hopes that I will build mass in the top and shape/slim the bottom... What are the best exercises for leg slimming?
  • Bybybarriga
    Options
    Hey everyone!,

I am also pear shaped and have a hard time with my jeans fitting my thighs. :< As for dresses, an A-line skirt always works for me! It flatters bodies that are bigger on the bottom. Another problem I have is that my back is wide( and store's a decent amount of fat), it's hard to find anything that stretches across my shoulders. Any ideas to tone up that area?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm a TALL pear too. 5'11 and a 36' inseam. Finding pants literally gives me sweats. Low Rise pants, forget it.

But I love my curves and since we have the most heart healthy shape, I think we should all rejoice! I also have a larger chest (34DD), so clothes in general (even though I love to shop) are hard to find.
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i just had to join this group. My jeans always sag at the back lol
    I'm a short pear (5'0"), meaning it's virtually impossible for me to find clothes that fit well.
    I have the added bonus/disadvantage? of having extra chunky legs, which means I have to buy a size bigger than I am so they'll pull over my thighs!
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am super tiny on top...narrow shoulders, small chest and waist, but I got booty. Ladies, finding a fabulous tailor has radically transformed my wardrobe and drastically improved my self image. Those gaps at the back of pants are such an easy fix. Moving the shoulders seams can be expensive but for the right blazer or blouse it is soooo worth it.
  • antokuwalking
    Options
    Good to meet you all fellow pears! Dresses are just a disaster for me - far to grippy round the hips. It all seems to accentuate the area that I cant stand!!

I appreciate that you can love yourself and so on, but it sure does get frustrating at times dont you think?

I find Wallis trousers quite good for work and I tend to stick to two piece outfits rather than dresses x
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Tall pear here too. 5'10' with short legs and a long trunk! Low rise pants are just plain indecent on me, and high rise pants give me "the gap".

I've just started working out, but I'm doing mostly cardio right now. My goal is to get my weight down to a managable level and THEN start weight training to hopefully put on some "girth" up top,

As far as tips go. Apparently building up your pecs can help make your breasts look perkier and fuller. For those of us who have junk in the trunk but are also members of IBTC :) (Now if only I could manage a single push up...)
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am little short pear (5'3), hehe. I have always had small a small upper body and never really had problems in the tummy area, but my hips and butt are way bigger than I would like :[. Trying to work that off right now by doing lots of cardio! Glad I found a group where I can meet fellow "pears".

Feel free to add me :), I always love making new friends!
  • pagham
    pagham Posts: 29
    Options
    I am a TALL PEAR.. Tougher yet to find clothes that don't gap and are long enough!!
    My biggest problem with this shape though, is that my chest and torso are starting to look a bit emaciated while my lower portion could still stand to tone up and shrink down!!! I have been working out with the hopes that I will build mass in the top and shape/slim the bottom... What are the best exercises for leg slimming?

I am EXACTLY like you, though perhaps 5ft 7" isn't that tall, but when I get the scales where I want them to be my chest and torso look very boney. At my preferred weight my poor boobs resemble empty sacks (and fried eggs when lying down!!). This time round I have reduced from 154lb and on a downwards trend, currently 144.5lb. I want to reach at least 140lb but I know my legs will still look too big compared to the rest of me so will probably continue down to 136lb if I can. I know I will mourn the loss of my boobs which were wonderful when I weighed more - it was the only thing I liked about myself being overweight, Despite the fact that being 49 doesn't help as everything is starting to droop a bit, the extra fat helped to fill them out and perk them up. But aside from surgery I don't think there is anything I can do about my bust and I don't want to do that.

I also hate exercise but do think that if I get to 136lb-140lb the only thing left to do to improve my legs will be exercise. Will worry about that when the time comes but at the moment I am doing fine on 1500 calories a day with no structured exercise to achieve weight loss.

I also hate shopping for jeans as so difficult to find anything that fits around the hips and waist. Jeans with lycra in help a little bit around the legs but there is still the problem of the waist. My current jeans are starting to get baggy around the stomach and I have to tighten the belt to 5 notches now rather than the previous 3, which is making them start to gather too much around the waist although they still fit nicely around my hips.

I am glad I'm not straight up and down though.

Good luck everyone!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'3 pear shaped woman with a specific problem: fat knees.

I have always had them.... Even when I weighed 106lbs. I have accepted the fact that my large calves prevent me from buying rain boots. Why my knees are an inch larger than my calves.... That's weird. A plastic surgeon offered to get rid of them for $4000.

I've opted to wear below the knee dresses only. They hide my cellulite as well.
  • veepie
    veepie Posts: 103
    Options
    I a not sure if I am Pear shaped. 39-27-39...with big *kitten* butt and saddle bags...my hips arent a problem...think I am a Hourglass/Pear mix :)...with DD/E boobs x
  • TracieBxx
    Options
    I a not sure if I am Pear shaped. 39-27-39...with big *kitten* butt and saddle bags...my hips arent a problem...think I am a Hourglass/Pear mix :)...with DD/E boobs x

I'm very similar (45-41-51), huge *kitten*, thighs and belly and same with me boobs lol. I have just started a few days ago and have decided to do Zumba (No coordination whatsoever at the mo tho hehehe).

Jeans, forget them lol, get strechy ones hehehe. I have found a pair of maternity ones that have an adjustable elastic waist that I find pulls the back it a bit so it doesnt gape so much. My work trousers are tight at the front with a 2inch gap on the back but I cannot get a smaller pair as I cant do them up lol.

TracieBxx
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hello! Just got an invite on a post of mine, and said: That's the group for me! I have always been a pear, even when I was in HS, racing 10-speeds, and my body was fit and rock hard! I call my butt the J-Lo, cause even when I weighed 135lbs (I'm 5'6") I still had the booty! ;) Which I don't mind, so much, probably cause I can't see it! LOL But I DO wanna get rid of the upper thigh thickness<That I can see~and my belly, especially the lower belly. Feel free to look me up! I love encouraging, and being encouraged! Hah! :)
  • disgustingpearshape
    Options
    Hello,

I'm pear-shaped. I've always hated the shape of my body. Now that I'm a bit older, I've gained some weight and I'm even more pear-shaped than ever. I hate it. I know I will have this shape no matter how much I lose. So, I've mostly accepted it. I just really need to lose the excess weight.

Height: 5"8
    Weight: 167
    35 bust
    29 waist
    33 belly button
    43 hips
    25 thighs
    15 calf

I feel like a giant. Tall and big.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped. If someone can tell me what your favorite jeans are that do not have that huge space in the back. I can pull my size 20 jeans off without unzipping them so I need to bump to a size 18.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    None of my jeans have that gap in the back because I take them to a tailor!!!!
  • lorriedun
    lorriedun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm pear shape, 5'3 , mother of 4 and i am getting smaller on top and not getting smaller on the bottom half, reading all the other reply i don't no if i will never get ride of my fat knees and the fat at the top of my legs but i will still keep trying. I ride my bike to work sometimes which is 4;4miles there and back again lots of up hills so that has helped, the bit between my knees and the top half of my leg but in a way it makes my legs look bigger. I do zumba too when i can fit it in my busy lifestyle. My weight goes up and down all the time and i cann't go as low as i want it to i get close to it and then my husband comes home with wine and a takeaway at the wked nitemare:smile: