50's Music

Options
ginnylee74
ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
Hi all,

Just a non caloric reward for me.:wink: On our PBS station tonight they are having their membership drive. Right now I'm watching "Magic Moments: The Best of 50s Pop" I'm the older part of 60 and older so I remember all these hits from the 50's. I love hearing them again. All the old groups together for this concert. Like all of us they look older too. Nice to be able to understand the words to the music. I love music. I think the only music I don't care for is Rap and Heavy Metal.

My dad was a musician. A lot of music in our house and our friends houses.:laugh: My dad loved opera and broad way music. He played the horn and the piano, my cousin played the drums and a friend of my parents played the banjo. So lots of fun dancing and singing at parties. In those days no one got a babysitter. The kids all went with and had to behave. :ohwell: Oh well, that's the past and this is now and it's getting to be bedtime.... Good night to everyone. God willing and the creek don't rise we'll have a good day tomorrow.

Health to all,:drinker:
Ginny:flowerforyou:

Replies

• khaapala
    khaapala Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, I remember those 50s AND 60s music ! In fact, sometimes I dance to them when I tune into that "Golden Oldies" station on my satellite TV. I wonder how many calories I burn and does it depend on the tune? LOL

As for the creek rising, yes it is. Here in eastern WA state, we woke up this morning to 3" of snow preceded by two days of pouring rain! Yes, it is spring. :ohwell:
  • Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, khaapala, I didn't know you were almost my neighbor in Washington. I just assumed you lived in Hawaii because of your handle. :wink:

The music of the 50s and 60s truly was amazing--which is why our kids still listen to it and know all of the words even today.

Does modern music even have words? Who will remember it in 60 years? It is so sad.