My calories for muscle building

Options
FitnessKing8
FitnessKing8 Posts: 15 Member
I was wondering for an estimation on how many calories I should in take to gain muscle when im 14. I want to get muscle mass but not to many calories that I gain fat weight. I work out 5 times a week- weight training. What percent for carbs, PROTEIN, and fats

Replies

• AnthonyBarbaria
    Options
    Depends how big you are right now, and what your workouts look like, if you know how many calories you are taking in, to maintain your current weight, then maybe add 500 cals a day to that # for starters and see how you gain. Being young you may be able to use more than that as you are still growing - but 14 is also young so make sure you consult professionals to not stunt your growth or over do it. A breakdown may be around 50 percent carbs, 30 percent protein, 20 percent fat or thereabouts.
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree with Anthony except for the ratios. I would do a 40% PROTEIN minimum, and a 30/30 for carbs/fat.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Problem with ratios is you ought to really start with calculations based on g/lb LBM.

I actually made a calculator I use to put in my variables and get my numbers out which I can link to.

1 thing I would say is - starting at 14 - good work bud - however, be careful - you're still growing and there is serious possibility of ****ing stuff up permanently... That's not some generic warning, it needs to be a serious consideration.

Link, anyway...http://goo.gl/2PrNC

Fill in the highlighted bits.
  • calcrunch
    calcrunch Posts: 18
    Options
    Link, anyway...http://goo.gl/2PrNC

Nice, thx!
  • FitnessKing8
    Options
    Sweet
  • FitnessKing8
    Options
    Depends how big you are right now, and what your workouts look like, if you know how many calories you are taking in, to maintain your current weight, then maybe add 500 cals a day to that # for starters and see how you gain. Being young you may be able to use more than that as you are still growing - but 14 is also young so make sure you consult professionals to not stunt your growth or over do it. A breakdown may be around 50 percent carbs, 30 percent protein, 20 percent fat or thereabouts.

My workouts are intense and I'd say extreme