Call Girls!

Options
I work in a call centre, and believe me. Its very hard to lose weight, for the pure fact that you do nothing but sit and answer phone calls and log jobs. Ahhhh, i thought CALL GIRLS had a different life lol

Replies

• MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    haha that is funny! Yes, I sit down and wait for calls too! I wish I could get more motivated when I am off work!
  • Brittanyb1711
    Options
    I am a receptionist and only get my hour lunch to do what i please (most the time it's studying) then the mail comes and i get 30 mins of walking in the building up steps and up a killer hill.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky in that we are supposed to get off of the phones for 10 minutes (max) every hour.
    My practical things I have added (that seem to be helping improve my activity) is actually getting UP every hour...I will walk to refill my water bottle or get tea (I have stopped drinking calories), I use the bathroom on a different floor and I take the stairs NOT the elevator. And I park a bit further away each week (unless I'm running late...in which case, stairs are faster than elevator anyway...so stairs still win.) I change my sitting position regularly.Stretch out my feet, flex my toes and ankles often. I try to take a drink between each call. This helps to ensure I need to use the bathroom regularly. My goal is to get my muscles moving enough that I actually WANT to take the dogs for a walk in the afternoon before I go to my night job. (more sitting)

The other things I have done to help with my calorie issues is
    -not drinking my calories
    -beating my addiction to sugar
    -NOT denying myself, but making sure when I do "indulge" it is WORTH the calories
    -Strict rule of "if I bite it, I must write it..."

If anyone else has ideas, I'd love to hear them!
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    -NOT denying myself, but making sure when I do "indulge" it is WORTH the calories

That is probably the best one right there. I haven't deprived myself of ANYTHING, I just make sure that the calories are worth it. I've managed to lose 34 pounds in under 4 months doing this.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I find myself doing the same thing. I have a hour lunch and before I would eat and just sit there and read now I eat then I take a walk to my car. (I work in a hospital w/a huge staff parking lot) so that's part of my work out. I have to do the mail, I take the stairs instead of the elevator.