You just never know

Options
About two years ago I ran my first 5k. Now I run 5k, swim and bike in Sprint triathalons. It is hard work, but if I knew I had it in me I would've started so much younger (I am 46). I find it stressful and painful sometimes, but mostly exhilarating and inspiring. You see so many people really pushing themselves (not just super athletic looking ones either) and you know they had to start somewhere.

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be a runner (again).

I say again because I use to do cross country running when I was a teen in high school (well middle school at least).

Then I hated it. I hated it for a really really long time.

Then last year I gave it a go and I amazed myself. It really has helped me in so many different ways.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    People keep saying this to me.....you just never know. I keep being told how someday I'll be signing up for half marathons and marathons. I keep telling these people that I am doing good to run the 5k distance! And that's when they tell me...."You just never know. I started out running only 5K's too and now I'm running marathons." Right now at this point I feel pretty amazed and good about myself that I can run a 5k. We'll see what that leads to :)
  • Rrrtist515
    Options
    As long as I keep moving I am happy. A 5k is where I started and a 10k may be as far as I go...no marathons for me! The sprint triathalons appeal to me because it changes up. Do whatever keeps you motivated I say.