Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

If you workout post-night shift (before bed)...

2»

Replies

• hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Usually if I go to the gym its after my night shift in the morning. Mostly due to the fact my mom works nights too so I call her up and see if she wants to go. That way when I get done I can sleep ( or try to) then when the hubbi and kids get done for the day I'm home and awake. Then when possible I get another hour or two of sleep before work. Some nights like tonight I get some exercise at work while every one here is sleeping.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Usually if I go to the gym its after my night shift in the morning. Mostly due to the fact my mom works nights too so I call her up and see if she wants to go. That way when I get done I can sleep ( or try to) then when the hubbi and kids get done for the day I'm home and awake. Then when possible I get another hour or two of sleep before work. Some nights like tonight I get some exercise at work while every one here is sleeping.

THIS IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT I DO ALSO:bigsmile:
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    As soon as I get home in the morning I immediately work out. ...... I shower, have my breakfast, and stay up a bit so I can digest the food before sleeping. I leave my house no later than 6pm so I get up around 4:30pm. I'm in no mood to workout at that time.

This is me exactly, too. If I don't workout immediately when I get home there is a better than good chance it won't happen. My workouts are usually 45 min (Kinect, DVD's whatever) to 1.5 hours (running). I workout at least 4 days per week.

So far it's working pretty well.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    I can't work out if I know I'm doing a crapload of stuff in the afternoon before going to work. I usually get up around 5:30 in the afternoon, and work 10:30 PM to 7:00 AM. So that's 5 hours I'm up doing stuff around the house, before going to work. I'll be worn out at work if I've done too much beforehand. It's a tough give-take situation.
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    Working nights and working out is hard. I'm sure others have this issue but I rarely can sleep a consecutive 2+ hours during the day. It's awful. So, waking up early to get my butt to the gym every day that I'm working is a joke.

that's my problem, my mom takes the 3 year old so I can get some sleep but I have such a difficult time. I would love to stop and work out on my way home, but the kids have clases at the Y a couple nights a week and I have to be up then to take them so I work out then but it is always rushed and I have fit it within the time limits of their classes. A little frustrating but better than nothing.
  • I work 2200-0630, and I usually work out right after work. The gym I usually go to is just a few miles from the hospital I work at, and at 6:30 is pretty much never crowded. But then again it is a college campus, so most of the people I see there are alumni (like myself) and there's not too many students that early. I have found if I try and wait until I get up in the afternoon, I won't do it or the gym is filled with annoying kids there for social hour.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Yeah early morning gym time is nice... actually I'd say theres usually 12-15 people there at 7:00 AM when I can go... But that's not that much! Plenty of equipment.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    I do my exercising in the morning after work and find that it works better for me. I can get to the park or gym before most other people, especially on week days when they have to be at work already, and I can work out in the cool of the morning before it's all hot and gross out. Then I can just get my shower and get in bed and feel tired enough to actually go to sleep. I prefer waking up right before I go to work instead of being up for a while first, so it's a good way to fill the few spare hours in the morning.
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    I work out after work in the mornings.
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    I've tried working out after my 12 hour shift but I've only been able to do it once. Usually I'm too tired and just go to bed. I did work out once after work. A friend that I work with had to take her car to the shop to get it repaired and she asked me if I wanted to go out for breakfast while her car was being worked on. I told her I had a better idea and we both went to the gym. I decided if I was going to workout, I would stop at 7-11 and get a 5 hour energy. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I would have been able to make it through the workout otherwise but I had heart palpitations and was all jittery for hours. I think I'm much better off going home and getting some sleep first. lol