Month 2 of Insanity: Prepare yourself

If you're just getting into these workout routines,
then you should just know what is ahead.

I am not sure about the other programs (but I assume it is roughly the same way),
but month one makes you feel like a pro by the end of it,
but month two makes you feel like a noob all over again.
And I assume month 3 for programs like P90X repeats this cycle.

After day one of month two yesterday,
I realize why they call Insanity by this name.
And I thought it was hard when I started.

This is in no way-shape-or-form a downer post,
as I am really excited for this next month and the results.
Just realize, you really have to put forth the effort come month two,
and it certainly isn't easy to do so after a week of almost slacking off with Recovery Week ^_^

If you're already there, congrats!
If not, you're in for the long haul, but it is definitely going to humble yourself and impress yourself at the same time.

Good luck fellow Beachbody users!

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm scared, lol. I have 1 week left of month 1. What exactly does the recovery week consist of? Is it similar to the cardio recovery workout?
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    I just completed week 1 of month 2 and it seriously is NO JOKE!! I struggled with month 1 at the beginning too so I'm hoping these new workouts will get easier the more they're done! I honestly can say I love doing this program! It gives me a feeling of real accomplishment when the workout is over! Hang in there everyone - you know you can do it!
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    I just did month 2 day 2 and I wa struggling... Hope the next few weeks get easier like month 1! I cant wait to take finished photos!!!
  • should I be concerned that I didn't really feel like month 1 got easier??? By last week, my muscles were so fatigued that I was dying for recovery!!!
    I'm feeling better now...but I'm terrified on Month 2!
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    should I be concerned that I didn't really feel like month 1 got easier??? By last week, my muscles were so fatigued that I was dying for recovery!!!
    I'm feeling better now...but I'm terrified on Month 2!

I think you will be fine after recovery week, but month 2 is no joke... but he says not to keep up with the people, do things at your pace and push your self to acheive your maximum results. I think you will be fine. However.... I am SORE. Icyhot and advil and hot baths have been my best friends today;
  • How is you month 2 going? Month 2 naturally kicked my butt but it was awesome to finish them and feel accomplished for the day! Also, one day during my month 2 workout I felt pretty fatigued so I did a month 1 video and I was so surpised at how well I could keep up with them in the video. Good luck!
  • omg it's so hard. I'm on the last day of Week 1, and i am SORE. My abs, shoudlers and back are on fire, but I LOVE it.
    I'm definitely starting to see results, and so is my husband :love:
  • So tomorrow for me will be month 2 day 1 I took a look at the video and I was like woo how am I gonna get throw this since I do have a lot of weight on me but I am gonna make it happen. My knees are in pain from the first month and I am living off ibprophen the 800mg maybe because I am also doing a morning workout at the gym then doing the insanity...

But I am ready for the challenge so bring it on........
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    So tomorrow for me will be month 2 day 1 I took a look at the video and I was like woo how am I gonna get throw this since I do have a lot of weight on me but I am gonna make it happen. My knees are in pain from the first month and I am living off ibprophen the 800mg maybe because I am also doing a morning workout at the gym then doing the insanity...

But I am ready for the challenge so bring it on........

I just finished my last fit test today so my advice is: Be careful with month 2! There is a lot more jumping and its a lot harder on your knees! I've struggled with knee pain forever and the final week of month 2 was down right painful at time. You may want to skip your morning gym workout until you get used to the new routines - they are longer. Good luck and just keep moving!!!
  • I wish I could skip the morning workout but I have no choose cause I am in the Military... but I saw that u lose 100lbs ared u strickly using MFP and beachbody workout.... I just want to no cause I want to lose around 80lbs but need to lose 50 to be in weight stardards, and how long did it take u to lose that amount of weight