Medifast products that don't tast like soy

Options
DotKey28
DotKey28 Posts: 7 Member
I have been of Medifast for two weeks and will be placing my next order soon. I need some advice on selecting products that don't taste like soy. I thought I would love the soups but the ones included in my sample pack (chicken & wild rice, chicken noodle, and cream of broccoli) have a funny taste that I don't enjoy at all. I think it was the soy. I hated the eggs (but that may have been because they were powdered), the cappucino, and blueberry oatmeal. The products I have really liked so far are the bars (peanut butter, lemon meringue, oatmeal raisen, and fruit & nut) the shakes (dutch choc, vanilla, stawberry cream, & banana cream), oatmeal (maple & brown sugar, apple cinnamon), brownies, choc mint and mango soft serve, choc chip pancakes, and banana pudding. Has anyone else experienced this? Can you recommend which other products (other than my list of likes so far) do not taste like soy and which ones to stay away from because they do taste funny? P.S. I am thrilled that I have lost 6 pounds in the first 2 weeks and have not been hungry.

Replies

• marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 4 and it sounds like they sent you exactly the same variety that I got! I had almost the same reaction to the foods. Using up all the soups and eggs was tedious... I didn't like the oatmeal either. I've ordered a completely different set of items for the 2nd batch and we'll see how it goes. The bars were by far the easiest for me to eat, so I stocked up on every flavor. That way I'll have tried everything and will know going forward what to get. I heard good things about some of the other bar flavors, as well as the peanut butter soft serve, so I was sure to pick those up this time. I'll let you know how the flavors compare :)
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like the s'mores bar, the cinnamon roll cruch, chocolate crunch, choc Mint crunch and the white cheddar soy crisps. Also the hot chocolate. But probably not in the summer. I just eat bars and the occasional shake. I figure its so easy and I hate cooking. Also why pretend I am eating real food. But that's just me.
  • hippie_spirit
    hippie_spirit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bars are easy when you have a busy life. I also found that your taste changes over time. I used to hate the oatmeal and now I can't start my day without it! I like the cappuccino, but I make it cold like a shake and sometimes add a tesspoon of freeze dried coffee.
    Did you try the sloppy joe? I add some petite cut tomatoes to it and I love it. I totally agree though, bars and a few shakes and I'm good to go!
  • geral64
    geral64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The S'more bars are divine.

You may enjoy the soups more if you season them. They are definitely an acquired taste. I like the beef stew. The puffs and "pretzels" aren't bad (but are pretty high in sodium). The puddings are good, as is the softbake chocolate chip cookie. Most people say that the products grow on them over time. And also that your taste changes every couple of months. Both are true for me too. Good luck!
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You can order just 1 of a product instead of a whole box.
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Also if you only have one packey missing per box you can exchange it. I had to do that with my soft bake cookies, strawberry shakes and those honey mustard pretzels. I mean honestly. I don't even LIKE honey mustard. Why did I order those? LOL
  • DotKey28
    Options
    I didn't know that. I'll try that on my next order. Also, I made the oatmeal cookies (recipe from the apple cinnamon oatmeal box) last night and had them for breakfast this morning. They were very good. Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions. And I am beginning to find that some of the products are growing on me.
  • cm1479
    cm1479 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What does soy taste like?

I like pretty much everything. I know, I'm a freak.
  • DotKey28
    Options
    It is hard to describe what soy tastes like, I just know I don't like it. But after 3 weeks and 3 days I have found plenty of products that I do like so I am not worried about it any more. That is great that you like everything. So you are a freak in a good way. :laugh: