Tough Mudder

Options
shanna0413
shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
Has anyone done a tough mudder competition? A friend of mines boyfriend is going to do one here in Austin. I know I wont be ready by then, but I think this is going on my list of things I want to be able to do.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of them- reminds me of an episode of Firefly though :D

Is there a link you have to them?
  • shanna0413
    Options
    http://toughmudder.com/

here is the link to the page :happy:
  • gemiwing
    Options
    Wow! That's intense!

I don't know if it's for me- but I'll gladly stand on the finish line and cheer whoever could do all that!!
  • shanna0413
    Options
    Lol thats why its a few years down the line for me, but how cool would it be to do that?
  • gemiwing
    Options
    Lol thats why its a few years down the line for me, but how cool would it be to do that?

I would feel like SUCH a total badass if I could do that one where they climb across under the roof-thing. Especially for a woman!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    we have one here in Vermont about 5 minutes from where I live. I plan on trying it out next year. My gym has a Tough Mudder get in shape boot camp too. It looks like so much fun. I would also love to do the Spartan race.

http://www.spartanrace.com/
  • shanna0413
    Options
    Wow I like the Spartan Race better!!!!!!! Its in Texas too!! Woo Hoo!!!! Theres a tough mudder boot camp about 5 minutes from my house as well. Keep me updated on your progress. I want to find someone in my area to train with me, but no one is interested.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm running a Spartan in June. I have 3 months to get ready. I'm 55 years old and I am training hard to get my upper body strength up. I just started C25K yesterday although I won't have to run the whole 5 k because it's broken up by obstacles.
    I do bodyweight exercises to be ready.
    If you fail an obstacle (and they only give you one shot) you have to do burpees. So, I'm practicing my burpees.