When is your next HM...or 1st?

Options

Replies

• runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    First Half is April 8th in San Francisco! I am so excited. And nervous. :laugh:
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Did my first in December 2011 and was hooked.
    Just finished my second in early March.
    Third one is coming up mid April.

Woot woot!
  • ekr2107
    ekr2107 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first half in Sendai, Japan on May 13th :) I'm a bit nervous because my longest run so far has been 13km, but I am working with a training schedule that has me increasing by one mile for every long Saturday run (haha, these days, as an American living in Japan, I am used to thinking in km AND miles!).

Inspired by all the awesome half-marathoners here!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I'm running my first half in Sendai, Japan on May 13th :) I'm a bit nervous because my longest run so far has been 13km, but I am working with a training schedule that has me increasing by one mile for every long Saturday run (haha, these days, as an American living in Japan, I am used to thinking in km AND miles!).

Inspired by all the awesome half-marathoners here!

I am doing the same thing but am one week behind you (I had to use a km to mile calculator lol). Each week I am afraid I am not going to be able to finish the extra mile. :wink:
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My first HM will be May 20th. The Diva Run in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Very nervous, but the training is going great.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My 1st Half Marathon is on Sept 2nd. I'm doing the Disneyland Half Marathon. I'm also planning on doing the Wine & Dine at Disney World in November. I want the coast-to-coast medal :)

My husband and I did the Tinkerbell run at Disneyland ... and now we're signed up the Wine & Dine in November! Same reason... to get the awesome Coast-to-Coast Medal. :-)

I am signed up for the Salt Lake City Half in April, the Missoula Montana Half in July, and the Wine & Dine in Orlando in November.

So 4 half marathons this year. I still can't believe I can run.... let alone run 1/2 marathons. I just started running in May of 2009 (and when I say start, I mean START... as in started with a 3 minutes run! LOL) and I'm already training for my 6th half marathon. Who knew it could be so addicting?!?! :laugh:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My 1st Half Marathon is on Sept 2nd. I'm doing the Disneyland Half Marathon. I'm also planning on doing the Wine & Dine at Disney World in November. I want the coast-to-coast medal :)

My husband and I did the Tinkerbell run at Disneyland ... and now we're signed up the Wine & Dine in November! Same reason... to get the awesome Coast-to-Coast Medal. :-)

I am signed up for the Salt Lake City Half in April, the Missoula Montana Half in July, and the Wine & Dine in Orlando in November.

So 4 half marathons this year. I still can't believe I can run.... let alone run 1/2 marathons. I just started running in May of 2009 (and when I say start, I mean START... as in started with a 3 minutes run! LOL) and I'm already training for my 6th half marathon. Who knew it could be so addicting?!?! :laugh:

Honey, I know exactly what you mean about being a beginner... I started in May 2010 and could barely run 60 seconds!!! I still swear by C25K and know that it saved my life. My second half is next week Sat (April 7) in Illinois, called Run Abe. After that I'm running a 25k in May and will train for my first full in September! All that and I'll be 40 in two weeks!!!! Never too late... so glad about that... just wish I'd have started running sooner. I'm sure I could have been unstoppable!!! Of course, there's no stopping me now!!!
  • jlo0812
    jlo0812 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My first half is the GO! St. Louis next Sunday, April 15th! I just took up running at the beginning of the year and have been training with a group and it's been amazing! I'm very excited/nervous/anxious/name the emotion.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My first HM is May 6th. The 35th Annual Lincoln National Guard Marathon and Half-Marathon. I guess I won't be drinking any Negra Modelos for Cinco de Mayo..
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I will be running my third half marathon on april 21st. I did 2 in the fall of last year. I am aiming to beat my own best time of 2:04:45. I would really like to come in under 2 hours. I am getting very serious about my training. Watch food and getting plenty of workouts and running in!! I pray it pays off!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Heading down to the Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon (Run Abe) in Springfield Illinois! Going to spend the night since it's a 6 hour drive each way but I'm stoked!!!

Here's hoping for a strong finish!!!!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    :laugh: Mine is The Rogue Run Sept. 23rd 2012, Medford Oregon...it will be my first half. So very excited. :wink:
  • jerzeeegirll
    jerzeeegirll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first half at the end of February at the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I'm now signed up for four more this year: NJ Half Marathon on 5/6, Chicago Womens Half Marathon 6/24, Disneyland Half Marathon 9/2, and St. Pete Womens Half Marathon 11/18.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My first HM will be the Rock and Roll Half - Savannah on Nov 2nd.
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My first will be April 22nd! It's going to have lots of hills so I'm hoping to come in around 2 hours and 45 minutes. :smile:
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    My first will be April 22nd! It's going to have lots of hills so I'm hoping to come in around 2 hours and 45 minutes. :smile:

You will be much faster than that... I've seen your training!!! Just enjoy every moment and don't worry... you'll do great!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yep, have my third HM coming up this Sunday. Don't know that I'll beat my PR from the HM last month but it will be another one completed.
  • weightwatchergrl
    weightwatchergrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My second HM is on May 6, 2012. Goodlife Toronto!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Finished my 1st HM on April 8th, 2012, in San Francisco. 2:11:02. I was beyond excited. And now I'm addicted, so...next on the list is the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco, October 14th, 2012. Woot woot! Training resumes in July!
  • DianaBall
    DianaBall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had planned on running one April 29th, the OKC memorial half marathon. Plantar Facsiatis (spelling??) halted my training. Hope to get back on track for some later ones but will participate for sure in the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon in December. I am happy that my heel is getting better and I have been able to go and run 6 or 7 miles at a stretch. I have yet to meet my goal time of under 2 hours. Still aiming for that. As I get older it seems like I train harder but don't get faster. Any ideas out there I would love to hear them. If I train to hard it seems something gets hurt.