Phase 2, Week 7 and 8

Options
For all things related to Phase 2, Week 7 and 8

Replies

• roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I know SOMEBODY has started 7 - I wanted a full review before I start tomorrow!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Workout 7 is a KILLER! Especially the first circuit! Crow push ups, to walking planks, to plank ups, to jack knife cruches, then moutain climbers, and REPEAT! It's tough the first time I thought I was going to die, but I did it the second time yesterday and I made it through the whole workout with no modifications. Workout 8 is better, but not by much! Good luck!
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I survived workout 7! It is killer and you are right, Bailey, that first set is just plain awful! I was so thankful to no longer have the crab moves in there though and felt better than my first few times with workout 5. After the first circuit, I thought it went pretty good. I am amazed at how high I can jump now when I couldn't even do the running man in cardio 1. Feeling pretty strong for making it through workout 7 and still being about 50 pounds overweight!
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Workout 7 is a KILLER! Especially the first circuit! Crow push ups, to walking planks, to plank ups, to jack knife cruches, then moutain climbers, and REPEAT! It's tough the first time I thought I was going to die, but I did it the second time yesterday and I made it through the whole workout with no modifications. Workout 8 is better, but not by much! Good luck!

OMG I start this tomorrow....I AM SCARED!
  • roander
    Options
    I made it! Well, I had to cut a few exercise short because I just couldn't keep them going. I have my DVD in my computer on a desk, so when I'm on the floor doing stuff, she starts talking about "Look at Omar, or Don't Do THIS." I have no idea what she's talking about because I'M ON THE FLOOR.

Can't hold the boat pose thing very long and my legs are not straight.
    Crow push ups - I'm sure that would be hilarious to any observer.

I had to make an aromatherapy massage potion for my knees though. That is my reward because it feels so good :smile:
  • sdsmom
    Options
    I made it! Well, I had to cut a few exercise short because I just couldn't keep them going. I have my DVD in my computer on a desk, so when I'm on the floor doing stuff, she starts talking about "Look at Omar, or Don't Do THIS." I have no idea what she's talking about because I'M ON THE FLOOR.

Can't hold the boat pose thing very long and my legs are not straight.
    Crow push ups - I'm sure that would be hilarious to any observer.

I had to make an aromatherapy massage potion for my knees though. That is my reward because it feels so good :smile:

Congrats for getting through it! I woke up with VERY sore shoulders. Not in pain, just that good, tight sore. :)
  • roander
    Options
    Yes, I have the sore shoulders today too.
  • sdsmom
    Options
    Today I did workout 8 for the first time. The first circuit wasn't too bad but the cardio kicks it up a notch in this workout. There are butt kicks with bicep curls, jump ropes with 3 lb weights, rock stars and suicides. Circuit 3 is REALLY tough with a warrior 3, holding 3 lb weights.
  • roander
    Options
    #8 for me today too. I could not keep up with the cable positioning! They were practically done before I could do one or two. Frustrating. This was definitely a challenge. I still hurt from yesterday! I had to drop one of my 5lb weights for the warrior, as I don't have any 3 lb-ers. Still, that was really hard.

I have to remember that the first time I did each phase I thought to myself "This is nuts, I can't do this", but by end of the 2 weeks, I didn't feel like I was going to die anymore.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My arms felt like they were going to fall off during the first circuit and then I wanted to kill Jillian when the leg up pushups showed up in Circuit 3 (I think)... but overall, I enjoyed that workout much more than Workout 5. We'll see how I feel about Workout 8 tomorrow.
  • roander
    Options
    I can not get entirely through many of the exercises on 7/8. I am burning about the same # of calories, but I feel like at this point I should really be better conditioned to sustain more and be burning more.
  • mransom1970
    mransom1970 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am burning few calories during the exercise, but my afterburn is way more. I use a bodybugg and my daily calorie burn has been consistantly 200 to 300 calories more at the end of the day. Keep it up! I am in Workout7/8 and it is a Killer! I Hate it, but only one more week and I get to move on :)
  • roander
    Options
    7/8 In the Bag. I'm still alive.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    7/8 In the Bag. I'm still alive.

great job!
  • kjustus
    kjustus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    great job!! :happy:
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Starting on week 7 tomorrow! Hope I survive lol
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Yep...that was hard! But that good kind of hard that makes you exicted and proud when you survive it. Went by faster, I was surprised when she said cool down time.
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Starting week 8, and I still feel like a klutz. I had bad heart burn this morning, so it was a lot of modifying. I really want to get the first circuit in 7 down without having to go to my knees just once. I have no idea if I should do an extra week of 7 & 8, or move onto 9 & 10 next week....
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Omg my shoulders hurt....I can definitely tell this workout is changing my body. That's a good thing! Hope I still feel that way in the morning!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on Cardio 2 vs. Cardio 1?