when the program ends

Options
fiberartist219
fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
What will you do after the Lean phase is over? I know one of MFP friends is doing Lean for Life, but I think once I'm done with it, I want to do something else for awhile.

At first I was thinking I might learn a martial art to boost my confidence and also teach me some of the non-violent aspects of confrontations, but now I'm thinking I need something with less commitment. I was thinking that I would be up for the three months of ChaLEAN, but I find myself taking extra rest days and not following the schedule. I full intend on finishing ChaLEAN, but I had no idea how hard it would be for me to stick to it for three full months.

Now I'm thinking when the Lean phase is over I'll do a program that takes less time, like the 30 Day Shred or something.

Or maybe I will just get my exercise from yard work for a couple weeks and then after a break, go back and do ChaLEAN again...

I don't know! What are you planning on doing?

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm only starting week 3 tomorrow, so I'm still very early on. I expect to continue weight training. I was quite cut years ago and loved it. If I can get anywhere near that again, I will continue. I may repeat CLX or I may do my own thing. I want to get more cardio in as at this point I don't feel like I get enough. I may end up lifting 2x per week to maintain muscle. I have to see what my results are at the end. I'd like to join a gym, but I work 50+ hours per week and don't want to give up any more time at home with my children. Maybe when I'm off in the summer.

I am buying Turbo Fire so I am looking forward to doing that.

If you are having trouble sticking with the structure of CLX, then you probably would benefit from something less structured like 30DS or her Ripped workout.
  • jennewby71
    Options
    I've completed the whole program but I'm not at my goal yet. So now I'm doing lean for life now and after that month I've already written down an additional 2 months of a routine just basically mixing up the 3 phases and pulling a circuit from each phase to do 3 times a week. Then I do cardio 4-5 days a week in addition. I love the CE program so I'll do it for a long long time! I do what to get Turbo Fire eventually and incorporate that with it. But I honestly think I'll continue with the workouts from CE since I enjoy them so much!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It is tempting to just do the program over again like others are. I feel like I could push myself harder, and I know I already have all the equipment. Hmm... maybe I'll do 30DS for a month, and THEN restart CLX... we'll see how ambitious I am when the time comes.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying another Beachbody programme as they are so structured. I might try P90X...
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    This is my last week of the Lean Phase. I'm thinking of doing a light exercise week next week and then starting a CLX/Insanity Hybrid. Or I may do something like Jillian's Ripped in 30 for a month with 3 days a week of running and then start the CLX/Insanity hybrid. I haven't decided yet. I didn't really lose weight with CLX but that's probably my fault. I want to get back on track with consistent weight loss again so I think I need to really up my cardio but I don't want to lose the muscle base I've gained so I I want to still have weight training involved at least twice a week. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely decided what to do yet. I am considering doing a month of Turbo Jam (I have the starter set) just to do something different and work on my cardio a little more. Then I heard there are some more beginner-oriented Turbo Fire workouts out-- those are tempting as well. But I do know I want to do additional rounds of ChaLEAN-- I really enjoy the program, and I'm a long way from my goal!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I'm far away from my goal weight, so I'll definitely be doing another round of CLX. Maybe I'll incorporate more cardio into it, like I sort of am doing currently. So, maybe a CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid?