Thought I'd post this...

Options
Im_NotPerfect
Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
I saw it on another thread regarding 30DS:

I heard a JM podcast awhile ago where she said the marketing folks came up with the title... she actually doesn't advocate doing the same thing every day for 30 days. Her suggestion = 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest... repeat. It will take longer to complete this way, but it gives your body time to repair itself and it helps with muscle confusion so you don't adapt too quickly to doing the same thing all the time. Others have suggested alternating 30DS with another of her DVDs (yoga or ripped in 30 or something), but you still need to give yourself a rest day once a week. I'm working through level 1 right now, and it is getting easier, especially because I'm adding in 1-2 days of cardio per week so I feel like I can go longer and stronger. Nervous about doing L2 though, everyone says it's so much harder!

Replies

• angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good to know. I don't like doing the same thing every day because I just get bored/annoyed with it.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    This certainly makes sense and would allow me to fit some running into my schedule on the non-30DS days. I may very well try this approach, or something close to it. Thank you for sharing!
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have heard something similar suggested before (so you dont get board) but it's nice to hear it comming from the source. Thanks for sharing. I would still like to chart the progress over 30 days, even if it takes me 45 days to complete.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options

I heard a JM podcast awhile ago where she said the marketing folks came up with the title... she actually doesn't advocate doing the same thing every day for 30 days. Her suggestion = 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest... repeat. It will take longer to complete this way, but it gives your body time to repair itself and it helps with muscle confusion so you don't adapt too quickly to doing the same thing all the time. Others have suggested alternating 30DS with another of her DVDs (yoga or ripped in 30 or something), but you still need to give yourself a rest day once a week. I'm working through level 1 right now, and it is getting easier, especially because I'm adding in 1-2 days of cardio per week so I feel like I can go longer and stronger. Nervous about doing L2 though, everyone says it's so much harder!

I shared this info with the members of my 30DS Facebook group. I will be following this schedule:

2 days 30DS, 1 day running, 2 days 30DS, 1 day running, 1 day rest. 10 days per level.

If any of you would like to also join the Facebook group, just follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/274297462644287/
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Thanks for this. I just bought and started the shred today and was wondering about that.m
    Theresa
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    This is great to know, thanks! I'm doing 30ds in addition to my regular workouts, just shortening those workouts for now. I always take the Sabbath as my rest day, so no problem there. Again, thanks for sharing!
  • alilovesray
    alilovesray Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh man!! Thank for this. I joined this group because I started the 30 shred a week ago (basically the end of March) so I figured this group is closer for me.
    I have NO work out experience and have been going 0-crazy!!! I have been doing the shred for like 4 days in a row and my muscles are killing me. I know not to give up, but after reading the rotation idea, its giving me hope for happier muscles and hope for a more balanced workout.
    I know it will definitely take longer, but for me this is energizing so I am full force and ready for support along the way. Good luck ladies.
  • jpfaff2
    jpfaff2 Posts: 17
    Options
    That makes sense to me, too. I have been doing a schedule similar to that; I have a schedule on my calendar set up to do 3 days of 30DS and 3 days of cardio a week and one day of rest. My schedule is based on a week, and the exercise I do (or the day of rest) alternates based on the kids activities and how much opportunity I will have to get my exercising in as well.
  • mrsmangomum
    Options
    I was just thinking about this. I'm on day 2 and my muscles are sore so I felt they should get a rest from the weights.

Edit - I meant I've done it for 2 days, so I'm technically on day 3.
  • AnuAshley
    AnuAshley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel a lot better reading this information because I felt like I was slowly dying with doing everyday. Thanks for sharing!!
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I feel a lot better reading this information because I felt like I was slowly dying with doing everyday. Thanks for sharing!!

Ashley, this is the schedule I have followed the last two weeks. M-Tu 30DS, Wed Cardio, Th-Fr 30DS, Sat Cardio and Sunday rest (although I did pilates one Sunday and yesterday I took a little walk with my family). I really enjoy the schedule and I think it helps me to rest my muscles a couple of days in there.