Taking Before Photos

Options
beckybernardo
beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
Ok, I just went and took my before photos. OMG, how aweful., Looking at them are sooooo depressing. This is not even at my heavist. I think I have lost about 15 pounds since my heaviest. How do you all get through the thoughts that you can ever get to your goal weight? I just can't see myself ever being thinner again. I look at all the before and after photos of everyone on here and other sites and it gives me hope, but when I look at myself, I am so afraid that I will never get there....

Replies

• mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    its a day by day thing, the one thing that I must admit that I was not prepared for with this surgery was the ups and downs emotionally, other than that, I was pretty prepared...I dont know....one day the before pics are OMG, look at me and the next they are not that bad.
    I think daily that I will never lose the weight, even with this surgery, and when the scale doesnt move, I get into that old mentality of its all of nothing, to hell with the fact that it has not even been 2 weeks or that I am still really sore, or that I cant exercise that heavily yet....I want it gone now, and well I am slowly learning it just dont work that way.
    So i say this to you and to me and to all the others who are thinking that they too will never get to where they want to be....WE CAN AND WE WILL, one day and one pd at a time.....easier to say it to others than to think it for yourself....I know...but it will happen and when it does we will be unstoppable.

Mary
  • beckybernardo
    Options
    thanks Mary. My depression is really kicking in right now also. I get so frustrated with this weight. I don't want to go anywhere anymore. I keep telling myself that I can do it because I have before, but just don't see how right now. I am so hoping that after surgery it will help me to keep it off this time.
    I know we can, guess we just have to keep telling each othere that
  • pavshop
    pavshop Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Becky,, don't focus on the negative. Focus on the positive. On what IS working. You WILL see progress, just be a little patient. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Michelle
  • stacygb
    stacygb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had Lap Band surgery one year ago as of 3/14. I have lost 72 lbs so far. I was hoping for more, but I am happy with the slow and steady pace. It allows your body to adjust (ie skin) and hopefully I have a better chance at keeping it off for good. I did not start exercising heavily until 6 mos post op. Now I love it? Who knew?! Just follow the rules and focus on being healthy. Please feel free to add me if you need support. :smile:
  • beckybernardo
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words. I know I can do this, I just have to get through these hard days. I have lost before so I have to keep telling myself that I Can Do It Again.... So glad I have you all here to keep me focused.....a million thanks and tons of hugs!!!
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Also, keep positive things in front of you. Whether it be a book, healthy living magazines, upbeat music, funny sitcoms, etc. Make sure you are getting plenty of protein, along with taking your vitamins. Give yourself a chance to succeed. If you were fighting for the health of a child, there would be no end to the effort you would put into cheering them on. Then do that for yourself!

One day at a time, and each day make better choices than the day before. Don't be tough on yourself!
  • beckybernardo
    Options
    Getting on here everyday and trying to focus on all of you who have been able to do this and watch you alls success really helps me. I think that is does get me through. Thank you all
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!! The biggest lesson that I learned throughout this process was to forgive myself. I was 200 pounds overweight at my highest and I've been at goal for 2.5 years now. I can now look at my before pictures without cringing or anger at myself. I was in a bad place back then and now I'm in a much better place mentally. I am proud of my accomplishment and work hard every day to stay healthy and at goal.
  • beckybernardo
    Options
    Oh its so hard, I just want to get sick when I look at them. I just can't understand that I see others on here who have lost like 10 or 15lbs and you can see a huge difference and drop like 3 jean sizes. I've lost about 25 and can't tell much difference and I am inbetween my size 24 and 22......oh its so frustrating. At times it makes me just want to give up
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Those gorgeous kids love their mom whether she is big or small! I know mine do!
  • beckybernardo
    Options
    yeah they really do,, My son asks me why I am having surgery, I should just be happy with the way that I am.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I had surgery so I'd be around to see my son grow up. I've lost over 50 pounds so far, and I haven't even gone down a pants size.