Ok guys....weekend is over...

Options
What did you do? Did you work out Friday, Saturday and Sunday? If not, why not?

Replies

• supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Friday was a walk while the kiddo was rollerblading...so was a pretty decent paced walk. in my new Mizuno's. breaking those bad boys in.

Saturday was a very therapeutic day off. Packed up the kid and the car late Friday night and drove 2 hours to my sisters' house. Haven't seen them since November. Was an emotional roller coaster week for me so the change in environment was much needed. We planned our WD in Maryland tho..so that counts for something.

Sunday was run till you puke day. And the dry heaves 10 minutes away from my house was fun.
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I was fine until mid-day Saturday. Dedicated the weekend to going to help care for my niece and nephew 2 hours away, so 2 nights away from home and all my routine. She is 7 mo. pregnant and was in the hospital with pneumonia, virus, and rapid heart beat for nearly a week. And having some contractions way too early. They have 2 girls (the new baby will be their only boy) and he was complelely stressed out. So he brought home this huge box of butter cookies, and that started my downhill slide. Today I feel slightly nauseous and know I will have 3 days of sugar cravings. Didn't work out, just played in the yard with the 6 yr old and the dog as much as I could. Took care of others instead of myself, *wah wah wah" (crying like a baby). So much for excuses.

I have a problem getting in my workouts on a regular schedule. I need to get up early to get them done, that works best for me. Mondays are my long day at work when I have to be there extra early for a meeting, and I may not get home until 7pm lots of nights. I have to choose between getting enough sleep or working out and it sucks.
  • danni033081
    danni033081 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Friday was a great workout ran a few miles and then spun. Saturday was so nice out so I decided to go for about a 2 hour hike, and Sunday I rested my body since i did great this week.
  • WENDYORNELAS
    Options
    landscaped on a house prepring it for going on the market this weekend started fri and sat about 3.5 hours each day then i worked in the kitchen for a church potluck for 3 hours sunday evening cooking and preparing food...my feet hurt! the landscaping was intense we were removing grass and shoveled about 2 yards bark dust then i pressure washed the house felt great to be outside in the sunshine for a change!
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    I have a problem getting in my workouts on a regular schedule. I need to get up early to get them done, that works best for me. Mondays are my long day at work when I have to be there extra early for a meeting, and I may not get home until 7pm lots of nights. I have to choose between getting enough sleep or working out and it sucks.

Sounds like a rough weekend, which I understand. Question though - why can't you work out at night? I have problems getting up in the morning too, so I went for a run at 7:45 tonight. Where there's a will, there's a way!!
  • loligon
    loligon Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I just joined. Friday I rocked the boost metabolism dvd, Saturday I bonked hard because I was only eating 1200 cal (I'm 5' 6" 148 lbs so that isn't nearly enough!), and Sunday was continued recovery. Today I'm back with a vengance! I did physique 57, and boost metabolism, plus 10 min of pilates. (I'll have to see how long the combo lasts. That was hard.)
    Keep me motivated, and add me if you like!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Sounds like a rough weekend, which I understand. Question though - why can't you work out at night? I have problems getting up in the morning too, so I went for a run at 7:45 tonight. Where there's a will, there's a way!!
    that's a reasonable question, s it deserves an answer! If I get home at 7 pm and try to get into bed around 9 pm (but rarely make it) that's 2 hours to eat, tend to my DH, clean up the kitchen, put the birds to bed, and get ready for the following day. Tonight I am staying up long enough to get in my 100 reps of Ab work, so that's something at least.