Does JM Make You Sweat?

Options
roander
roander Posts: 192 Member
I'm working out hard, really I am, but I do not sweat. I want to look like I feel! There should be puddles on the floor. Maybe I'll oil myself up so when I look in the mirror afterwards I'll be all "glisten-y."

Replies

• ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I sweat like crazy for all her workouts. Even the easier ones--but everyone is different! Some people just don't sweat as much and, believe me, that's a blessing for you! Haha
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    lol - i sweat like crazy, too. i used to not sweat as bad when i wasn't drinking as much water, but now i drink at least 90 oz a day and sweat puddles. are you drinking enough water? if you are, then you're just lucky. you can workout then go on about your day without a shower.... me? hahahaha. :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    LOL yes I sweat a lot.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I do not sweat a lot most of the time. Depends on how much water I drank during the day.
  • charlene_1980
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I usually have sweat dripping into my eyes by the end LOL!
    My mom was watching me do workout 4 the other day and laughing at me, telling me I reminded her of a camel... I get VERY into my breathing and have been known to spit... ha! Easy for her to laugh and tease as she sat on the couch WATCHING!

Between my sweating and breathing, I am not comfortable doing my workout around anyone other than my kids, who sometimes laugh too LOL!
  • Lady_TDM
    Lady_TDM Posts: 16
    Options
    WATER, WATER, WATER is the key. If your body isn't hydrated, then you won't sweat! Drink more water!
  • theredcliche
    Options
    My mom was watching me do workout 4 the other day and laughing at me, telling me I reminded her of a camel... I get VERY into my breathing and have been known to spit... ha! Easy for her to laugh and tease as she sat on the couch WATCHING!

Between my sweating and breathing, I am not comfortable doing my workout around anyone other than my kids, who sometimes laugh too LOL!

Don't you get annoyed then feel proud that you did it all by yourself when someone else was sitting there NOT working out? i HATE when my husband is sitting on the couch watching tv while I'm working out because IT'S HARD and he's just sitting there watching me. After I'm done, I feel great though! :)
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

LOL, I am the same way. I sweat like crazy doing Jillian's workouts and I will only let my kids watch me if they want to do it too. If they just want to sit there and watch, then they have to get out. I refuse to let my husband watch me workout....I don't think even 10 years of marriage can prepare him for what I look/sound like during Jillian's workouts :D
  • giorgiannap357
    giorgiannap357 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing the workouts with my BF. He wants to tone up a bit after years of sedentary office work. He does not need to loose weight, while I am looking to lose about 10lbs (im currently 133 and 5 feet). We finished 2 workouts and I encountered the sa,me situation. He is completely covered in sweat. I also sweat but not at all as he does or as some of you here described dripping sweat. I wonder if this means I am not doing them correctly or it is more of a matter of hydration. AS compared to my other workouts (mainly THe Firm) I really sweat during those. THerefore I am also wondering are JM dvd's not as intense as other workouts and therefore I dont sweat as much?
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options

Don't you get annoyed then feel proud that you did it all by yourself when someone else was sitting there NOT working out? i HATE when my husband is sitting on the couch watching tv while I'm working out because IT'S HARD and he's just sitting there watching me. After I'm done, I feel great though! :)

I used ti hate it when my husband watched. Then I realized that when he did, I burned more calories according to my hrm. Apparently I work harder and watch my form more with an audience!
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I sweat like crazy during her workouts, but I sweat easily though!! I have heard that it is good to sweat, guess I need to do a little research on this!
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    Sweating like crazy to these dvds. Love the program so far....
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just finished workout 6 of Jillian's Body Revolution and it has made me sweat the most so far. I think I left a puddle on the living room floor today :P
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Ur lucky. Mine sits there to watch me but hes eating cake and candy and all sorts of crap while he is...uuuuggg!
  • theredcliche
    Options
    okay, so i'm on day like 73 or something and i'm so sick of washing my hair EVERY SINGLE DAY. i get so sweaty during these workouts that i absolutely must wash my hair. usually i can just shower and my hair will be fine, but i'm drenched. it's a good feeling but so annoying, grrrrrrrrr. i also wonder what kind of ponytail holders they use because anita and jillian's hair does not fall. i get annoyed during one of the workout videos where jillian was like, "oh, i'm getting a little sweaty there - my hair is all messed up" and her hair is still perfect........
  • focobaby
    focobaby Posts: 8
    Options
    I didn't start sweating until week seven. workouts 7 and 8 kicked my butt (in a good way) and i was DRENCHED after them.

makes me excited for the next four workouts!