Options
lynneruth
lynneruth Posts: 9 Member
I am new to this site. I am a 67 year old woman, who is retired. I started gluten free last November. I have never been diagnosed as having celiac but was having lots of digestive issues and after many tests everything was normal and no one could explain my troubles. Then I met a woman who asked me if I had ever been tested and of all the tests I have had, none ever mentioned gluten. I would assume I am not a celiac person, but probably have an intolerance. Since going gluten free, all my digestive troubles have vanished, and I feel normal again. Also I just had my yearly physical, and my cholesterol was way down into the normal range (it was always just a little high, never took medicine for it) and my blood pressure is also down 15 points (it also was just a little high but needed no medication). Now if only there was some magic to losing weight I would be doing great. I do take Inderal for migraine headaches and that makes it hard to lose and easy to gain, and also prevents reaching target heart rate during exercise. Hope this site will help me.

Replies

• tjchez
    tjchez Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome I am new as of today. I have been gluten free since Jan 27, 2012 and it has been interesting to say the least. I am learning to eat differently and I feel so much better.
    :smile:
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have only been gluten free since the middle of February. Well mostly gluten free - I still have lots to learn, and have 'glutened' myself a few times. I guess it is the whole denial thing. I feel the need to test it sometimes, becasue how can it be that I am gluten intolerant?? It is a learning experience for sure, and when I am being very careful I feel so much better. I think I am finally starting to realize gluten is not my friend.