Cookbooks - Blogs - Recipes

Options
urbansmamma
urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
Hi All!

What are your favorite cookbooks, blogs or recipes for healthy Vegan eats?

Blog: fat Free Vegan: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/
Cookbook: Happy Herbivore

Replies

• Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love www.vegweb.com
    Vegan Express is my new fav cookbook
  • DrScrappy
    DrScrappy Posts: 48
    Options
    "Vegan Yum Yum" is my all time favorite!! Just started using "Vegan on the Cheap" and I like it so far.
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    I've gone to fatfreevegan.com a time or two also. Good blog.
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Hey Everybody Check out and apread the word about the 21 Day Vegan Kickstart! It's promoted through the PCRM and based on the research of Neal Barnard. A super awesome opportunity!!!
  • porcelinah
    porcelinah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Clean Food by Terri Walters is really good and very healthy! But if you're going for the "wow" factor, I would go with the Rebar cookbook from a veggie restaurant in Victoria BC. It is entirely vegetarian and almost all the recipes can be modified to suit vegans if they are not vegan already. It is to die for.
  • Mischief_Maiden
    Options
    When I'm in the mood for sweet (I'm an advent believer in single cheat days during the week) I pick up Baby Cakes - not only are the pastries vegan and gluten free - but they also don't use sugar (agave nectar is where it's at!)

Other than that I usually get a lot of my food from 1001 Vegetarian Recipes and online sources like vegnews and miscellanous veg websites/blogs.
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    Vegan Yum Yum. Try Maple Soy Tofu and Biscuits, Brocolli Almond Sweet and Sour Tofu, Creamy Brocolli Mushroom Bake, Rainbow Rice and Beans, Red and White Cauliflower Bake, Tamarind Tofu Cabbage Bowl, Golden Chickpea and Artichoke Salad, Candied Lime Sweet Potatoes (soooo good).

Which recipes do you all really like in the books you've selected?
  • Mischief_Maiden
    Options
    From the Baby Cakes Cook Book that I mentioned:

Banana Bread - my bf who isn't a vegetarian LOVEESS it and he usually gets pretty pissy about veg*n stuff that I get and constantly jeers at me with Fhicken (Fake-Chicken) etc. etc. But he hasn't got one bad thing to say about my Vegan Banana Bread lol

And I have this recipe with a "Meat" Potatoes and Peas and Carrots - the meat is Seitan and it's absolutely FANTASTICCC! Mmm - practically can eat the whole pot by myself lol