How much weight is everyone using?

Options
onequirkygirl
onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
During Phase 1 I used 8 pounds, then progressed to 10's near the end. Actually I used like 5's the first day lol.....

Now on Phase two, I'm using 8's when she says "medium" and 10's for "heavy." The only things I can't do heavy on are the superman's with weights [I'm dying with 5's on this particular move.]

Is anyone cranking these DVD's out with more than 10's? I'm totally just using what I have and guessing. I feel it, and feel it good...so I guess I'll just keep it the way it is. I picked up 15's and uh-uh, HELL NO! not with all those plyo circuits! :noway:

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    LOL I have 5s and 8s. I want to get 10s for some of the moves but they are pretty expensive :\ I'm sure I'll get some soon. :)

I can barely do supermans with 5#s too. Great job!
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    During Phase 1 I used 8 pounds, then progressed to 10's near the end. Actually I used like 5's the first day lol.....

Now on Phase two, I'm using 8's when she says "medium" and 10's for "heavy." The only things I can't do heavy on are the superman's with weights [I'm dying with 5's on this particular move.]

Is anyone cranking these DVD's out with more than 10's? I'm totally just using what I have and guessing. I feel it, and feel it good...so I guess I'll just keep it the way it is. I picked up 15's and uh-uh, HELL NO! not with all those plyo circuits! :noway:

i use 5, 8, 10 and when she says heavy on super mans, i'm like, "lady, you are friggin crazy" i have to use 5 lbs for them and sometimes i just hold one 5 lb dumbbell cause it's too difficult.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use 5s or 8s depending on the move. I hate when the ladies in the video use 3s. Really? 3s? C'mon! They are all so buff!
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options

i use 5, 8, 10 and when she says heavy on super mans, i'm like, "lady, you are friggin crazy" i have to use 5 lbs for them and sometimes i just hold one 5 lb dumbbell cause it's too difficult.

I know, same!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Towards the end of workouts 1 and 2, I was able to use 15's for most of the arm moves but my upper body is way stronger than my lower body. So for the squats and lunges, I usually only used 8's.
  • afrench799
    afrench799 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use 5s or 8s depending on the move. I hate when the ladies in the video use 3s. Really? 3s? C'mon! They are all so buff!

I Know!!!!!! Lol
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    And can we talk about how much those weights cost???

I was shocked~ I went to Target yesterday to see what they had in 8's, 10's and up.

The 8's said $12ish, the 10's- 15ish. I'm thinking cool, under $30 for 2 sets of weights.

NOPE!! They were $12 and $15 EACH!!! Holy crap!!

(yeah, I got them.....I wanted them.......I needed them......)
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    And can we talk about how much those weights cost???

I was shocked~ I went to Target yesterday to see what they had in 8's, 10's and up.

The 8's said $12ish, the 10's- 15ish. I'm thinking cool, under $30 for 2 sets of weights.

NOPE!! They were $12 and $15 EACH!!! Holy crap!!

(yeah, I got them.....I wanted them.......I needed them......)

I got Jillian's set of 8 pound weights on Amazon for $18 total. Just checked the price and it jumped up to 27. I would check every once in a while, they may go down in price again.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    On Phase 1, Week 3. Went from 5's to 8's, now would like to be ready for my next phase and move up to 10's.

Would highly recommend TJMax, found a #15 kettlebell there for $16.99!!!!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    UPDATE:

Used my new million dollar 8 pound weights for Workout 1 this morning (after using 5s) and I'm already feeling it!

I also set a new record for calories burned with 160!!

I'm thinking it really DOES matter how much weight you use and how much you put into it (I also went a little deeper into my pushups and held plank for the whole count, all of which added to my burn.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ok I had started and quit, couldn't get motivated for it with craziness going on at my home having people stay with us so I started again last night. Workout 1 I used my 8s for almost everything, 5s for lateral raises and the chair squat/ arm raise things, and then 3s for the warrior pose, which was dang hard. When I did my Workout 2 I had used my 10s a couple times and 8s and 5s for the rest of it. I am thinking about getting some 12s but money is tight so we shall see.