How often are you weighing yourself?

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
I'm so anal that I tend to weigh myself on a daily basis but I really need to stop doing that.

So just wondering, on this workout/eating plan, how often will you be weighing yourself? Once a week? Twice a week? Daily? Monthly?

oh and how often are you going to do your measurements?

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself daily. I don't let the fluctuations get to me though. I count Thursdays as my official weigh ins each week. I'm going to do measurements once per month. I'm really bad at not measuring in the exact same spot and going up and down with measurements even worse than weight! lol
  • vai45
    vai45 Posts: 29
    Options
    I only weigh myself on Friday mornings, it helps keep me motivated during the weekends! I think I'll measure myself after each phase. I have a hard time measuring myself..but I'm not about to let someone else do it!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on my rest days. I only want to know once a week as a check; I don't want to let myself get crazy. If I were to weigh myself every day, I'd have to make sure I did it at the same time each day. Because I workout first thing in the morning (which is also when I'm at my lowest weight of the day), I'd have to weigh in before I work out (at like 5:00 a.m.). To help avoid that, I keep my scale in our guest bedroom, which is located near my 2 year-old son's bedroom. Some of our woodfloors are squeaky, so if I went in there early to weigh in, I could possibly wake up my son (and I do NOT want to wake up a 2 year-old at 5:00 a.m...lol). It's helped me regulate myself :).
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I really need to stop weighing myself daily because I know so many things affect it and cause fluctuations from day to day. This morning I weighed myself and was back up 1.5 pounds, probably due to soreness in my muscles from the last couple days' workouts.

I'm gonna try really hard to just wait until Friday mornings to weight myself from this point forward.
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but the fluctuations tend to intrigue me, rather than bother me. For me, weight loss or gain doesn't count until it shows up on Monday morning, because that's the one I track. I think you should do whichever method keeps you least stressed and most motivated.

I had never really measured myself before this program, so I'm not sure how often to check for results. Maybe every two weeks? Or between stages? I'd love to hear what others are doing.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i am addicted to weighing myself, but i only log it on mondays. i measure every two weeks on thursdays and update. it's a really bad habit because i weigh myself at all different times and i fluctuate by at least 3 lbs between morning and night. grrrr.
  • Severshe
    Severshe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My whole family is doing the program, we track our weight on Tuesday mornings and do a check in on Friday that doesn't get recorded. ( hoping to help us stay strong over the weekend!). We are going to re- do our measurements next week. That's the end of phase one for us.

With four of us....we are down 49 pounds in three weeks!
  • Moniquifee
    Moniquifee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm ashamed to say that I weight myself everyday, morning and night. I can't help it! And whenever I drop a couple of pounds I log it in. I know, I'm the worst! But it keeps me going. Whether it's up and pisses me off, or down and gets me excited. You should do whatever works for you.
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a weekly weigher. Sometimes every two weeks. If I feel really good some mornings, I'll weigh myself, but won't record it. Sometimes it effects me, but I really try not to use it measure my progress. I take measurements once a month. I also move my scale to different places (out of sight) so I can resist stepping on itmore often! :happy: