Anyone else have to cut back after maintaining for awhile?

Options
kerrbear79
kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
I've been maintaining for about 9 months. The first part of maintenance I was netting 1440 and then the last 2 months I was netting 1700 after wearing a bodymedia fit and getting that amount. I have a maintenance range of 110-115, usually would stay around 112-113 but have been closer to 115 for a few weeks now and have decided to do something about it before it goes any further! It could be do my extra cheating from the holidays lately or my amount is not really 1700. Anyway I cut back as of Monday to 1200 and wow is it hard. I haven't had to eat this little in a looong time, well in 9 months. I am hungry most of the time. When i was eating 1700 I never had the chance to get hungry, I always felt satisfied. Anyone else had to cut back like this and find it extremely difficult? After 4 days of doing it I just can't anymore lol. I bumped it up to 1500 today. I did lose a pound back though yay.

Replies

• nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im definitely struggling with this at the moment! I've been in maintenance for a good couple of weeks, then really let my hair down over Christmas and have added a few pounds so like you I dropped back to 1200 cals, I was hoping to shock my system into losing the 4 pounds I'd put on and then after a day or 2 increasing back to 1450, and then working my way back up to maintanence. But wow eating 1200 cals after feasting is no easy task!! In fact I found over the last few days I would do really well till 7pm and then something came over me and I just starting stuffing my face!! Not healthy!! So I've now decided to stick at 1450 as this seems to be my ideal calorie range to shift some weight and feel satisfied. I'm hoping now most of the goodies have gone out of my house (and into my belly!!!) that it will be easier to get back on track!! I'm now at the top of my maintanence phase but scared I'm slipping! So need to do something about this sooner rather than later!!

Hope you find it easier at 1500 and well done for maintaining for so long!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for several months and even maintained during the holidays even though I ate A LOT!!! I do feel fatter even though the scale has not changed. I am cutting back to 1200 again tomorrow and also getting back to my exercise routine. I only plan on doing this for a few weeks (the cutting my calorie count part) and I will eat back the majority of my exercise calories. I know that it is the holidays and being home for the last week. I go back to work Tuesday so that will certainly help getting me back on track. Best of luck to you and all of us!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Yep! Gained 3 or 4lb over Xmas so have lowered my allowance back from 1600 and something to 1250. But ONLY for a week as I don't think I can stand it much longer than than, then I will slowly start increasing again.

I am pretty sure I have lost a couple of lb already, I guess that's the way maintenance is gonna be, if you over indulge you need to make the cutbacks (a bit like public spending really lol)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I should add that I have also been unwell following a wisdom tooth extraction 2 weeks ago so am unable to exercise :(
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i am, my range is 120-125, more so 123-124 these past few weeks and trying to rectify that!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So I have been maintaining for a little over a year and all of a sudden the past few months I have been really fluctuating with my weight, I will gain 3-5lbs and then lose them again. Now I am up like 8lbs and I am so frustrated, I haven't done anything different and I still workout 2-3x a week like I had been so I'm not sure what the heck is going on????