Hi

Options
MammaC66
MammaC66 Posts: 135 Member
Hi, my name is Martha. I am 63 years old and married to the greatest guy in the world. We have 7 grandchildren and a great-grandchild on the way. I have lost hundreds of pounds in my lifetime using every diet out there. And gained it back again. I have finally gotten smart and realized I had to change my lifestyle if I wanted to be healthy and feel good. I have lost about 40 pounds now, most of it on Weight Watchers. I switched to MFP recently and find little difference in the way I am eating now and what I was eating on WW. It is all about making healthy choices and portion control, so that is what I am trying to establish for myself. That and get moving more even when I don't feel like it. I have always been active, but have slowed down in the last few years. I am trying to work my way back up slowly to being more active. For now it is walking, and I plan to add more later as I can.

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Hi Martha,
    Welcome to MFP. It is so much fun here, the people are great and encourage us each and every day. I started out last year on my
    own to exercise and lose weight. Lost 28 pounds total. Then I was told about this site earlier this month, so joined in. Please feel
    free to add me as a friend if you would like to.Good luck on your journey
  • miltonp50
    miltonp50 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Martha,
    Feel free to add me to your list of friends. The motivation provided by everyone's stories is quite useful. We all want to be healthy and happy and are good support to one another. 40 pounds is a great loss. You can keep it off, and maybe lose some more. At 60 plus our goals are different from the younger ones, aren't they?