Snacks

Options
awidener86
awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
What are some snacks you keep in your desk?
I like to keep Nature Valley granola thins and the Quaker rice cakes in my desk

Replies

• bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a mondo sized tub of nuts. It's so much more economical than getting all those individually wrapped bags out of the vending machine. However, if you are what you eat, then I'm in trouble...! :tongue:
  • awidener86
    Options
    I like to keep a mondo sized tub of nuts. It's so much more economical than getting all those individually wrapped bags out of the vending machine. However, if you are what you eat, then I'm in trouble...! :tongue:

LOL! Yeah I'd be a rice cake if I was what I ate. lol
  • GreCan01
    GreCan01 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like to keep grapes in the office freezer and munching on them as I have a craving for something sweet.
  • awidener86
    Options
    I like to keep grapes in the office freezer and munching on them as I have a craving for something sweet.

That is a great idea!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Oat and Dark Chocolate granola bars (nature valley), Oat and chocolate Fiber One bars Cuties (mini oranges), Fiber One brownies...That is my current "stash"

If we are what we eat...yeah...granola mom fits. ;-)
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have tortillas in my desk, toast them, put on olivio butter spray and a little cinnamon sugar - about 100 cal but I pack fruit or nuts in my lunch bag for snacks, sometimes a Special K bar..
  • awidener86
    Options
    I have tortillas in my desk, toast them, put on olivio butter spray and a little cinnamon sugar - about 100 cal but I pack fruit or nuts in my lunch bag for snacks, sometimes a Special K bar..
    What do you toast them in?
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What do you toast them in?

We have a mini kitchen in our work area with micro, fridge and toaster!!! I cut it in half and fold it, put in toaster. The inside stays soft. Mmm.
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have 100 calorie popcorn, wheat thins and ritz crackers. I will sometimes will bring in cheese to go with my crackers.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    mini boxes of raisins and gum. I love gum.
  • awidener86
    Options
    These are all great ideas. :)
  • Ntshepeng
    Ntshepeng Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I keep gum too- mostly sugar free but there are days when i really want the other kind and i indulge guilt-freely.
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I buy the big containers of Chobani vanilla yogurt and pack them in small tupperware. I keep fruit & nut granola in my desk to top it off with. I always crave something sweet so I try to bring a whole fruit with me once a day (i.e. banana, kiwi, peach, apple, small carton of berries, etc.). Sometimes I cheat and indulge in the sugary goodness of dried fruit - my favorite being pineapple!

I actually feel like I eat better at work because I can control what I eat by what I bring. As long as I pack lunch after dinner (when I'm not hungry) I usually do well. Bringing my lunch is also nice on my wallet :)
  • awidener86
    Options
    I buy the big containers of Chobani vanilla yogurt and pack them in small tupperware. I keep fruit & nut granola in my desk to top it off with. I always crave something sweet so I try to bring a whole fruit with me once a day (i.e. banana, kiwi, peach, apple, small carton of berries, etc.). Sometimes I cheat and indulge in the sugary goodness of dried fruit - my favorite being pineapple!

I actually feel like I eat better at work because I can control what I eat by what I bring. As long as I pack lunch after dinner (when I'm not hungry) I usually do well. Bringing my lunch is also nice on my wallet :)

I never thought of bringing in fruit. I am gonna have to start doing that.