Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pole Dancing for fitness...

nikkay2desire
nikkay2desire Posts: 36 Member
I know I do... does anyone else here pole? It is AWESOME doesn't feel like a workout until the next day when you can't move LOL... I love it.. been poling since feb 2011...

Replies

• Princess721
    Princess721 Posts: 27 Member
    I dont yet BUT as soon as I loose about 50 more pounds I will start...its hard to find a pole that has a high enough weigh capacity for me
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    I have not tried it yet but it sounds pretty fun
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    I wouldn't mind trying it at some point.
  • I took a four week class in 2010 & definitely felt the workout. When I use to tell people about the class they would get a misconception from it. I had to tell people that it was actually a really fun class & we did more exercises in the class than anything. People don't realize that it helps you develop a strong core & upper body strength because you have to be able to lift yourself on the pole. I'm thinking about taking another class again but will have to find a way to fit it into my schedule. I would love one for my home but they are expensive.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    I really want to, but have not found a class nor the time for it yet. I'm going to need a bit more confidence for it too. The thought kind of intimidates me at the moment.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    I had a lot of misconceptions about pole dancing until i was invited by a girlfriend to a demo-party a couple years ago. I could strut around the pole like a diva but could not do a doggone thing else even if you paid me.:bigsmile: While this girl was literally doing flips and swinging from the pole. :wink: It required a kind of upper body strength and flexibility which I clearly did not have. Given the opportunity I would try it again.
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    When I get a bit smaller, I'm definitely going to take some pole classes for exercise and fun. i'm definitely fascinated with it.
  • Bignfulww
    Bignfulww Posts: 26 Member
    I really really really want to but im afraid the will turn me away:-(
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    I have tried it before when I was smaller in size, however. Since I've put on weight have not gone back, though I do intend to when I lose about 25 of the 50 that I need to drop. They are so fun and build confidence, physical strength and flexibility that every woman needs, no matter what size she is.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    I started pole dancing class last week & I love it...at first I was nervous but its really fun & great exercise...
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    Yes its a great workout and its great for building upper body strength. Glad you enjoyed it
  • I pole too !!!! :tongue: It is a great workout, and it kicks my butt !!!!
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    My friends and I have been talking about pole dancing.. I am going to give it a try after I drop 20 more pds or so.. Sounds exciting! :wink:
  • Chinadollpuss
    Chinadollpuss Posts: 19 Member
    I don't but i do want to try it after i lose 50 more pounds
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    My friends and I went to one for a bachelorette party. It was really fun and a great workout. Would love to fit one into my busy schedule.
  • msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    :happy: I have been interested in trying this class, yet I do not know what to expect... but I will be attending on this Sunday...

It does sound like lots of fun... SO I will see...