Dumping Syndrome

Options
kriskaryl
kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
I know better. I don't eat sweets or white carbs because I don't want to dump. If you've ever done it, you don't want it to happen ever again. So last night, I needed to get in about 25o calories before bed. I fixed a small bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crisp...with the berries...and later followed that with a Fiber One fudge brownie. I've had both before with no problem. Within 5 minutes, my stomach was cramping, I was dizzy, sweating, and nauseated. I didn't know which end to hang over the toilet. I was in the bathroom and whipped my top off because I was sweating profusely. And all I could think was "NEVER AGAIN!" I went in and laid down on the bed, my lower intestines feeling like there was a huge knot in them. After about an hour, it finally eased off enough to fall asleep. I swear...NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Anybody else have dumping issues?

Replies

• Darhep
    Darhep Posts: 25
    Options
    Oh yes! My issue is with ice cream, frozen yogurt, or any high sweat item. Took me several times of getting dumping syndrome before I finally said no more. Ugh! I found when that happened to either puke right away or go lie down and fall asleep. Awful feeling. Missed the occasional ice cream taste but can live without the dumping syndrome!
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    the other day i ate yogurt too fast and I almost died.......and last night forgetting I had surgery I ate a few cheetos on the fly and vowed to never again touch the things.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Definitely on my "Never Do Again" list :sick:
  • sokyknitter
    sokyknitter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did last week. I was worrying about finding a job and couldn't sleep. I got up and reverted to old habits and ate 2 poptarts that my son had out. I was SO SICK! Never, ever again will I eat poptarts. I have eaten a vanilla cone at Sonic when I crave ice cream and it does OK as long as it is in the afternoon or early evening and I keep active.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It always gets you when you least expect it. And you can eat that ice cream cone today and it won't bother you. Tomorrow may be a different story. At least that is my experience. I don't do milk because of that and the lactose intolerance brought on by the surgery. I almost never know what will do it. I haven't had it for a while, keep in mind I'm 18 years out, but it still happens about twice a year with no rhyme of reason.