Tall ladies, do you find it takes longer to notice when you

Options

Replies

• dea5311
    dea5311 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    People did not start noticing my weight lost until I reached the 20 pound mark. Once I reached that every pound that came off became more noticable. I also noticed that once I hit the 20 pund mark, that is when my size started to change.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    For some reason people always notice almost quickly for me. I guess its because I lose a lot in my face and neck, so its much easier to notice. I lost 6 lbs the past month, and two people noticed at my job already or have said something. My mom always notice and people I'm around. I tend to lose in obvious places too.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does take longer - especially at first (as you get closer to your goal, each pound gets more noticeable).
    On the plus side, it also takes more weight to make us look fat.

Agree^^^
  • calijen123
    Options
    hi there just to encourage all you beaytiful tall women i am 6 foot 1 .. and i have lost 38 pounds..dont worry if no one notices you because you your self are working to better yourself and no matter how little you lose its a huge sucess i think of it this way your body being this beautiful 24 carrot gold which is soo amazing in itself .. if you put crud food in it your body will become this grey mass but if you continue to put healthy foods in it you will continue to shine and others will begin to notice:wink::wink: hope this is something to thik about!
    Jen
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    yep I lost over 20 pounds before I noticed a change in my clothes or people said anything...the one thing I did notice however was how GOOD I felt and how much more energy I had....good luck
  • StephEwell
    StephEwell Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It took me about 10 pounds to see a difference and my friends/family 17 pounds!
  • greeneyedredneckangel
    Options
    im 5*10 and 182 i was 188 i have not lost much but i measure my self every two weeks and i have lost over two inches on waist and hips and 1 in on thighs i tried on my leathers from a year ago which were tight i can fit in them and they are comfortable now Other people dont really notice in us cause we are tall andif your like me all legs But we are lucky we dont look our weight and we are beautifully tall it is the small things that keep me going dont worry someone will notice .
  • MadusaCait
    MadusaCait Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The only person that notices when I lose weight is my partner, and even then I have to of lost over 15 pounds and be naked.

5 11 medium-large frame.
  • kiwi1737
    kiwi1737 Posts: 6
    Options
    It definitely does take longer. 1 lb isn't as much of a percentage of your overall size if you're tall, than if you're small. But, the plus size is that if you gain a pound, its doesn't matter as much! I would suggest taking a picture in front of a mirror in the same place once a week. Sometimes you can't notice weight loss bc its slow going, but if you do a before and after pic it is noticable especially after 10 weeks or so
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I lose 20 pounds and don't even go down a pants size and no one notices.
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm at 24 pounds and I have gone from a tight 18 to a 16. (Although I bought a pair of tight 14 jeans yesterday and I will wear them today. ) While some of my friends have noticed, no one in my family but my kids have noticed. It is very frustrating and discouraging to lose what I feel is a substantial amount of weight and no one sees it.
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I am 12 down and can't really tell the difference. My clothes fit a little better but not really seeing anything happen. Worse yet, no one else has noticed either. :grumble:

how do you feel with the 24lbs gone? :) great job!
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    Im 5 ft 10 and I feel the same way- I've lost 21lbs but don't really like saying that number because when I do people look shocked like really? I'm feeling healthier but wish it looked more noticeable
  • tickleandslapp
    tickleandslapp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ahhhh...so glad I found this group and this post in particular!! yay!! I'm not the only one!!! Even though I was dropping weight and clothes were too big only my good friend really noticed.. Like I would go somewhere expecting people to say something..and Nothing!! ugh!! lol.. But I had A LOT to lose..sooo whatever! .. Anyhoot.. finally after accidentally finding a "before pic" this past week I really see the difference.. and my hardest critic ..my mom.. saw a pic taken of me a couple weekends ago and didn't recognize me(and she just saw me at Christmas!) ) I'm finally starting to see more changes in my physique at a more rapid pace. like back fat almost gone and waist and arms are smaller..face.. everything. Anyways.. I LOVE BEING TALL!! .. Good Luck Everybody..Keep it Up!!!
  • dollymixsix
    dollymixsix Posts: 112
    Options
    Well, I'm 21 pounds down, and FINALLY someone has noticed. My doctor commented today!! I was so happy!
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I always say a shorter woman can lose five pounds and you notice it right away, on me losing five pounds is like a teaspoon in an ocean.

Love the quote! "teaspoon in an ocean" LOL That explains it. I have lost 34 pounds and people are just now noticing! It sucks!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does take longer - especially at first (as you get closer to your goal, each pound gets more noticeable).

HAHA! My thoughts exactly! I have gained 35 pounds and still fit in most all of my clothes. Granted a bit tight, but they still snap!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

HAHA! My thoughts exactly! I have gained 35 pounds and still fit in most all of my clothes. Granted a bit tight, but they still snap!

Totally agree. Was in same boat as you...took me till winter time when I busted out the jeans (college life lead me to wear sweatpants all the time) when I finally realized I had gained 30lbs!!!
  • taygrad
    taygrad Posts: 19
    Options
    11 pounds lost, and you wouldn't know it by looking at me. :\ But I try on some of my old clothes every time I go out, and I'm starting to be able to wear clothes I got too big to wear this time last year. Still have the muffin-top over the pants/jeans/shorts, but at least they fit me and can be buttoned. :)
  • AtomicLemon
    AtomicLemon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    YES! I hate that. My short friends usually go down a full size with every 10lbs they lose. I lost 50lbs a few years ago and only went down 3 sizes. REALLY disappointing. (from a size 18 to a size 14). It's really crappy to lose that much weight and STILL be fat.

Sadly, I gained it all back, but am back on track now. Ugh. PS: I am 5'11"